Question about fishing (spoilers)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
NotEvenOdd

Question about fishing (spoilers)

Post by NotEvenOdd »

Is it possible to 'overfish' a particular area? I have a permanent fishing platform setup by a river which I think meets the volume requirement. In the past it has been a good food source but recently I'm hardly catching anything from this particular location, even with a full moon. Other fishing locations are otherwise fine. I suspect either the water doesn't meet the volume requirement (5x5x5, I think?) or I've depleted the fish supply!
Hiracho

Re: Question about fishing (spoilers)

Post by Hiracho »

There's no such thing as depleting the fish in BTW (yet:P). It's most likely got to do with the volume. I'm not sure how it's calculated but I expect it to be checking the area around your bobber. maybe steer it toward a deeper part?
LannyRipple

Post by LannyRipple »

Fishing is weird. I've been fishing right next to two other people (full moon, rain) and they got nearly a double-sixteen each and I could barely get 16.
I have the feeling that lag can really mess with the fishing rate but hard to do experiments on that thought.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

LannyRipple wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:07 pm Fishing is weird. I've been fishing right next to two other people (full moon, rain) and they got nearly a double-sixteen each and I could barely get 16.
I have the feeling that lag can really mess with the fishing rate but hard to do experiments on that thought.
Chance plays a huge role man. Anecdotal evidence thus doesn't mean much.
gaga654

Post by gaga654 »

Ah, randomness. Driving people crazy and fueling crackpot theories since the beginning of video games. Don't listen to FC - the fishing rate is really determined by your IRL timezone and your CPU core temperature, and you can guarantee you'll catch that pokemon if you hold your Gameboy upside down and press down+B at just the right time ;)