Why you should never carry more than you can stand to lose

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Feliponius

Why you should never carry more than you can stand to lose

Post by Feliponius »

I was inspired to come back to BTW after the Youtube algorithm thought I'd like to watch people play the new mod "RLCRAFT". It was right. But when watching them play it all I could think was, "This has nothing on BTW."

So I'm back to playing it.

After a dozen or more back to back deaths and restarts, and countless tears. I had finally made it a few weeks into the same life. I had just acquired shears. Had another 25 raw iron besides. Was harvesting and expanding hemp. Was confident this would lead to me being able to start keeping chickens for eggs and would help end my need to hunt perpetually at long last.

I was carrying my Hoe...All my unsmelted iron...my Iron Axe...

And I was comfortable...too comfortable.

Sure, I looked around. I scanned the immediate area around me upon exiting my hovel. I was certain I'd be able to tend to my humble crops in safety.

Finally! Hemp!

...Hiissssss

You can imagine the rest.

I'm now sitting on top of a tree in a Taiga nowhere near anything I recognize even after exploring a wide area around my base. So naturally I'm a bit sad, but at the same time...I learned something valuable.

My question to you guys would be this: What do you typically do in times like this? Keep soldiering on and build a new life in hopes you'll find the ashes of your previous life, or alt-f4 until the itch hits again?

Also, FC...dang man. You've outdone yourself. Well done on making me care more about losing 1's and 0's than I have in a long time.