old BTW youtube video with angry yelling

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
christ110

old BTW youtube video with angry yelling

Post by christ110 »

lovely, its time for my first post.

anyhow, i just remembered watching one of (i think flowerchild's) BTW videos years ago and there was a really really weird soundtrack, involving a man angry at the government for spying on him, and resorting to "get the pliers" after he deduces that the dental surgery he had done recently could be where one of the bugs are hidden.

Does anyone remember what video i'm talking about, and possibly have a link to it?
dawnraider

Re: old BTW youtube video with angry yelling

Post by dawnraider »

If it was posted by FC then it's likely gone. Almost all, if not all, his videos he took down once he started accepting donations, something due to having copyrighted music in them and monetization. Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong though.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yup, I took'em all down by my own decision when I started accepting donations, as I did not think I could reasonably use copyrighted music anymore if I was making any money off the mod.

The song was likely this one though as it's been a favorite of mine for 25+ years ;)

Jello Biafra ftw!
christ110

Post by christ110 »

Thank you very much. Its so much different from what i remember, but this is it alright.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

If you really enjoyed that you should check out Jello's other work with the Dead Kennedeys. Lard was just a little side project he did with the guys from Ministry. He's a seriously funny (and dark... and smart... ) guy.

A couple of my favorites:
Spoiler
Show

If it's the instrumental portion you dig, then Ministry is the place to go:
Spoiler
Show
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Both ministry and DK are bands worth checking out, I daresay they are two of the most important bands in their respective genres!
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

In industrial, I'd probably still give the "most important" to Skinny Puppy. Ministry, along with NiN certainly did more to mainstream it though.

Will start spoilering these links since the thread is going on longer than I anticipated:
Spoiler
Show

I wouldn't debate DK in punk though :)

Sex Pistols would be up there too:
Spoiler
Show
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

And the Ramones, can't forget them!

Industrial on the other hand has many different subtypes, industrial rock/metal being one of them. There's also industrial noise, which I was a big fan of a decade and something ago, and electro-industrial which I do still like. So bands like Nurse with wound, front line assembly, skinny puppy as you mentioned, Die Krupps, ministry, nin, all played a big part in the puzzle. It is a much more diverse genre than punk, I think we can agree on that! Then again, punk gave birth to post-punk, gothic, darkwave.. Things which in turn influenced industrial music!
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said