The BTW community

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Chomamonka

The BTW community

Post by Chomamonka »

I’ve been playing Better Than Wolves for around 6 years now and I still think it’s the best game I’ve ever played. Definitely the game I’ve played the most in my life and It’s certainly not just a Minecraft mod anymore in my mind. It’s best example of pure well thought out gameplay I’ve ever experienced. It deserves to be better known. Heck I think it belongs in the video game hall of fame. That said I have to say this community is one of the most interesting little internet oasis I’ve had the pleasure to be a part of. I feel like it gets smaller by the day now that Minecraft has left it’s peak. I’m curious if we have a number of downloads per month these days? Does anyone have that number? I’d actually like to know how niche this niche is these days :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: The BTW community

Post by FlowerChild »

I don't share that data man, never have, and truth be told I try to not even look at it.

Contrary to what I've done professionally, where numbers are of course a primary concern, BTW has always been about designing around what I personally believe to be good gameplay. I believe that checking numbers is in direct opposition to that goal.

Very happy to hear you enjoy it though. At the end of the day, isn't that all that matters?
Chomamonka

Post by Chomamonka »

Absolutely agree, and I think it shows. The best creative endeavors kinda have to be centered on creating something good for the sake of it. I think we’re all very grateful for your creative process. Question answered, I’d just like to say again I love this corner of the internet.
Panda

Post by Panda »

I think our community is just small enough it impossible to hate anyone without a good reason. : )
Never say no to Panda.
ArcticVoid

Post by ArcticVoid »

There is probably a lot of lurker's like myself, I got into BTW back in beta 1.7 or possibly even before and have kept up with it since.

You know game design well, and what Minecraft was specifically missing, a reason to do shit, that's difficult as shit and then you can make it aesthetically pleasing. BTW is the only thing that keeps me coming back to Minecraft.

I don't usually interact much online, I'm just like that. But I just wanted too pop up and say thanks to a great mod and community. I am truly grateful that you have continued to update it after all these years. Cheers dude!
Vitreous

Post by Vitreous »

I’m with you Arctic.

I honestly don’t know that I’ve ever posted on the forums and if I have it’s been years. However I visit the forums almost every day to see what everyone is up to. Love the current state of BTW, and my brother and I have had multiple maps on a server for years and I’ve probably sunk more hours into BTW than any other game ever easy.

Maybe I’ll need to be more a part of the community here on out, I love everyone on here and it’s about time I came out of the shadows a bit.
Chomamonka

Post by Chomamonka »

That was the basis of my curiosity about how many people out there still keep up with Better than Wolves religiously like I do, but basically just lurk. I definitely need to participate more here. Not sure the best way to bring more of us out of the shadows but I’m definitely invested in keeping things lively.