New Release! (BTW 4.ABCFEFE) - NO SPOILERS

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: New Release! (BTW 4.ABCFEFE) - NO SPOILERS

Post by FlowerChild »

Just changed the link in the OP to a new 'c' version:

-Changed (refactored) the changes the mod makes to Snowmen to simplify the related code somewhat.

-Changed some vanilla pathfinding code to provide improved performance and more accurate outcomes.

-Changed Netherwart to make sounds more appropriate for vegetation.

-Fixed a problem with Netherwart's collision volume that made it impossible to harvest.

-Fixed a vanilla AI problem that was causing mobs and animals to tend to favor wandering towards the northwest.
Syruse

Post by Syruse »

I've always had issues with some of my builds malfunctioning due to their size they would often cross into other unloaded chunks and just stop working. The changes you made to spawn chunks have been a godsend, everything just works now. Better Than Wolves continues to be the only reason I keep coming back to Minecraft and I'm really happy to see you keep making it even better, FC.
An IRC Conversation wrote: [19:24] <Ribky> on the bright side, i did my first modifications with the MCP today... :)
[19:24] <Horizon> what's it do?
[19:25] <Ribky> it eats your goddamn animals
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

A couple of new patch releases were put out while the forums are down. I just updated the download link in the OP to version 'e':

4.ABCFEFE e

-Fixed a problem with AI pathfinding that was causing mobs and animals to run in circles and generally spaz out. This was particularly noticeable when attempting to get animals to follow you with grass or seeds.

4.ABCFEFE d

-Changed cows and sheep to be able to graze on Grass Slabs, and cows to be able to graze on Mycelium Slabs.

-Changed cows and sheep to clear any snow or ash cover resting on blocks they graze on.

-Changed grass and Mycelium to not grow from or to blocks under snow or ash cover.

-Changed rendering of most full 1m cube blocks slightly to increase performance.

-Fixed a problem where the extended arms of pistons could no longer be collided with.

-Fixed a problem where pistons, piston arms (if appropriately oriented), and blocks pushed by pistons, could no longer support falling blocks.