4.ABCEEEFA Hardcore Respawn Changes

The place to talk about how BTW might be different
Egger3rd

4.ABCEEEFA Hardcore Respawn Changes

Post by Egger3rd »

You have successfully disincentivized my liberal exploitation of day-one respawns. I was just running and hopping around all the time, getting spiders pissed at me. Now if I try that crap I get my ass handed to me and eventually get the dunce cap of "Starving". Way to go, FlowerChild. *thumbs up*
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: 4.ABCEEEFA Hardcore Respawn Changes

Post by FlowerChild »

Awesome! Was always on my todo list to take care of this, but I had larger plans for it down the road that would address it almost as a side-effect, so kept putting it off.

I really disliked how such exploits were potentially becoming popularized though, so decided to take care of it now before it became any more common. Would really suck if new player tutorial vids and such started recommending such methods.
Egger3rd

Re: 4.ABCEEEFA Hardcore Respawn Changes

Post by Egger3rd »

Yeah, I've been hesitating on doing any more videos for those reasons. I knew it was gamey, but I couldn't think of a way to fix it. So I was just like, "Welp, this is part of the game!" All the while the solution was really freaking simple from a conceptual level. This is why this is my favorite game though. The more I get into the game and the further into production it is, the more shit just makes perfect sense. I imagine it's agonizing inventing and prototyping this stuff though. I am incredibly impressed that you stuck with this for as long as you have already.