Lost item in mill stone?

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
ExpHP

Lost item in mill stone?

Post by ExpHP »

I inserted a single bone into a millstone via right-click, hit the hand crank five times, and nothing came out. If I right click the millstone now, no bone pops back out; but I can put other items in and take them back out. The bone seems to have vaporized.

This was my very first (and so far, only) time using the new GUI-less millstones, and in fact, my only time using a millstone post-AAAAAAAAAAHHHH, period. I don't have much food to experiment with it in survival, and failed to reproduce it in creative. I'm hoping that others may have similar reports, or alternative explanations that I did not yet consider.

Pictures of mill stone:
Spoiler
Show

The area looks exactly as it did when I did the grinding. The visible campfire and torch were already burnt out. The mill stone and hand crank are both 3+ blocks from a boundary. I searched the water thoroughly for items, of course.

BTW V4.ABCEEEFAb