Keyboard glitches on mac os x high sierra

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
thekyz

Keyboard glitches on mac os x high sierra

Post by thekyz »

Hi guys, I started playing btw on my mac and noticed a very annoying issue with it. Very randomly (but quite often), the keyboard just stops working in minecraft. I did a bit of research on it and it looks like it's related to an issue with lwjgl but I cannot find how to update it (most people just say to update to a newer version of minecraft but that's of course not an option for me).

I was wondering if anybody in the community has had that issue or knows about a fix for it?

Thx guys!
jakerman999

Re: Keyboard glitches on mac os x high sierra

Post by jakerman999 »

https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Tutoria ... 8Legacy%29

Minecraft wiki on this subject. I would like to highlight the bit about backing things up before making any changes
thekyz

Post by thekyz »

Thanks, I read that page but the instructions does not work with the "old launcher" anymore. LWJGL is now being downloaded through the JSON script in the versions folder and I have issues making it accept other stuff than what they provide officially :(
Ethazeriel

Post by Ethazeriel »

I had the same problem with a friend's computer a few months ago - I don't recall the exact set of steps we took to resolve it, but I believe we found the issue was due to some weirdness with how MC and OSX handle repeated keypresses. I believe the fix was to toggle an option in your system settings related to repeated keypresses while holding down a key - I'll have a look in the morning and see if I can find a more exact source for that.