hoppers not collecting everything that drops...

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
myrrdan

hoppers not collecting everything that drops...

Post by myrrdan »

So i'm working on a monster trap and the water flows to a pair of saws, underneath are 2 hoppers with chests underneath.
Everything is correctly powered and working when i drop things through.
What i've noticed is that the hoppers don't collect everything. It doesn't seem a particular type of object that it avoids, for example,
I've found string in the chest as well as string that hadn't been collected.
I had noticed before I changed the configuration that the small space at the bottom of the saw was enough for some items to miss
the hopper and fall to the ground underneath. I fixed that by moving the hoppers 1 space down and putting a solid block under the saw.
This way the water forced the monsters to the saw, the saw kills them, the items drop into the hopper, which is one extra block of water below the saw...

I don't get why the hoppers are not collecting everything.
I've even made a stream off to the side that goes into a 3rd hopper to see if it would collect the non-collected items but no luck there either.

I have 2 screen shots, but no idea how/where to post them lol
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: hoppers not collecting everything that drops...

Post by FlowerChild »

Bouyancy related? That would be my first guess.
Niyu

Post by Niyu »

If I understood this correctly, try putting the hoppers under the saw. That gap is suposed to be there to let the items go throgh.
myrrdan

Post by myrrdan »

ah, never thought of using that space to let things through lol I have always tried to eliminate the space..

Not sure about the bouyancy, but its something I can check..