water acting weird... flow keeps stopping

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
myrrdan

water acting weird... flow keeps stopping

Post by myrrdan »

So, I'm building a monster trap like we used to have ages ago. four 6x6 squares, surrounded by water flow using stairs & signs to push teh monsters etc etc.
So with the new builds and not being able to drop water at will, we need to be ingenious with the use of the water screw. Easy enough, with screwpumps pushing water to the top of each set of stairs it seems to work. (underneath is where the mechanical works are for working the screwpumps.
I have the water flowing from 3 separate sections, all pushing the monsters into one area, which leads to saws to kill them.

I've been out of game for a while so I've missed A lot of updates...
So i'm not sure if its me or something I've missed.

I've noticed that the water level rises and fills the pump, which then pours out the top & continues on.. I've noticed that it doesn't always pour out the top, sometimes it just sits there, I have to mess around with blocking flow and restarting each pump to get it to flow right for some reason. Its like the water has a tide to it or something because it will just randomly stop pumping water up and I have to reset the whole trap... anyone else having issues with the pumps?

I've also noticed that the saws aren't as effective in killing said monsters... <-- is that an update I missed, I read through the notes but I know I probably missed a bunch of things.
dawnraider

Re: water acting weird... flow keeps stopping

Post by dawnraider »

If the water from the top can flow back into the entrance it'll shut off to avoid exploits. Just isolate the input and output and it'll be fine.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

pics would help, but this sounds similar to the behavior of one of the features of screw pumps that prevents people from exploiting infinite water. At least at first glance. If memory further serves, this was changed after the initial implementation of HCB and screw pumps, so it makes sense with what you said about not updating in a while, even if you did get the original HCB/screw pump implementation. As for now, standard tech checklist(have you tried turning it off and on again?); 1-restart minecraft, 2-restart your computer, 3-clean install of current btw
edit-ninja'd by dawnraider :P
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
myrrdan

Post by myrrdan »

dawnraider wrote:If the water from the top can flow back into the entrance it'll shut off to avoid exploits. Just isolate the input and output and it'll be fine.
Makes total sense, explains why they would keep shutting off on me when I didn't have the flow controlled.
Fortunately (and unfortunately) i have the top of each pump blocked with a sign so the water can only flow 1 direction.
Things work, they flows are all good, then occasionally they'll just stop and they all dry up.. sometimes they come back, other times I have to go in & reset the flow...

I've done the restart of minecraft, computer etc, and wiped & reinstall and still the same random shutdowns.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

You should try if you can reproduce the behavior in creative on a small scale build so you can share a picture of the whole thing.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx