Isolated spawn - getting livestock to it?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
SterlingRed

Isolated spawn - getting livestock to it?

Post by SterlingRed »

After too many hardcore spawns to count, I finally made my way back to original spawn (OMG t3 strata is terrifying now!) and realized it's a small peninsula with the route to the rest of the island or mainland completely blocked by a massive jungle. In other words, no animals to eat. I managed to risk a couple day journey trip around the edge of the jungle to amass some meat but nearly died several times to jungle spiders. I also managed to drag one chicken out of the jungle back to my spawn base area. I'm waiting on hemp to grow.
So I have no sustainable food, and I don't think my stock pile will make it until I can live on sustainable eggs. I can make another journey to get more food, but this pushes my ability to get livestock for breeding further and further away. My concern is that my location isn't viable for the mid game since I'm not sure I'll be able to get animals for breeding unless I do some crazy massively long tunnel or bridge through the jungle to move them safely. Has anyone else solved this problem with isolated spawn locations? This is a first for me. I don't want to bail out, I like the challenge, but I'm not sure what the best way forward is.
Niyu

Re: Isolated spawn - getting livestock to it?

Post by Niyu »

Other than building a tunnel under the jungle to bring the animals, the only thing I can think of is relocating to the mainland.
ion

Re: Isolated spawn - getting livestock to it?

Post by ion »

relocate or tunnel building. i build a tunnel to the first full village to get villagers to spawn.