New world: worth it?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Rianaru

New world: worth it?

Post by Rianaru »

So I've got a small server hosted from my computer that me and a small handful of friends play cooperatively on. We started back in Timing Rodent B, and as far as tech tree goes we've only broken into the nether and done a couple of minor things, and have a couple of barely sustainable bases hanging around from HCS(we don't play a whole lot). Is it worth starting from scratch to get the full experience of the mod 'remake', or are we still early enough that were not really missing a whole lot with the new hardercore spawn mechanics and everything? would love to hear your guys thoughts on this
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
Ethinolicbob

Re: New world: worth it?

Post by Ethinolicbob »

You probably missed the newer caveman tier technology but I wouldn't fret
1 death and you will get to experience it all very soon
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

I think there's value to starting over if you have a world like that, but it's not a major loss. Also, if you don't play a lot, there's a good chance it'll be hard for you guys to reach the nether again, seeing how the new mechanics are quite a bit harder than before.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
LannyRipple

Post by LannyRipple »

For casual play without long-range HCS you want 4.A8. My family has mutinee-d and says they won't play on anything higher. (Well, my 7 year old is with me. We're starting a "scout" edition of 4.AAABABA [FC. Really?] to show her mechanics and after I'm hoping I can have a partner for a play-through.)
For "old-style" BTW with long-range HCS then 4.A9.
For the new, improved, you-will-throw-your-keyboard-a-time-or-three (but in a good way. Yeah. That's the ticket!) play style then grab the latest and greatest.

PS - It's BTW. Play the latest and greatest and trust that FC will file off any rough edges over time.