Easy Seeds [Spoilers]

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
emptychild

Easy Seeds [Spoilers]

Post by emptychild »

I was curious if people would be willing to share their seeds that they have been successful with in this new BTW early game experience. I've heard comments on streams to the effect "If you don't start somewhere with a hill you can dig into it's much harder" or just that certain starting points are easier than others. I don't want to undermine the experience but if the difficulty can scale a little based on starting location I wouldn't mind starting the scale on the lower side. Also, if people have what they think are good but more difficult seeds I'd be interested in accumulating a list of them as well for once I've gotten a better handle on new mechanics.

Specifically, I am not looking for things like "Open ravine exposing stronghold at spawn" because that's super cheaty and stupid. But you know, maybe not starting on a cliff edge, a hole underground, or on a jungle tree.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Good Seeds [Spoilers]

Post by FlowerChild »

I changed the thread title, as it's obvious "good seeds" is not what you're looking for here.

I'd really recommend against this man. A big part of the fun here is making due with what you have at hand and figuring out how to make best use of your particular surroundings to survive. Besides, you're bound to die a few times, and assuming you're not just going to cheat your way through by resetting your world, you're going to wind up in an unknown location anyways.

Anyways man, I wouldn't deprive yourself of the full experience like that. You're only going to get to experience this for the first time once, and it saddens me to think you might taint the experience like this.
emptychild

Re: Easy Seeds [Spoilers]

Post by emptychild »

FC I respect you and if you say that it's not a good idea then I'll accept that and you can lock the thread.

My reasoning was that since your initial spawn is the only place that a compass will ever lead you I think that having a good starting location can make a big difference long term even if you HC spawn away. For example, it'd be nice if my compass didn't lead to a jungle or an island in the middle of the ocean.

Also, I'm already playing the new version on a new map but was thinking of starting again due to a lack of progress and depletion of animals. I don't want to taint the experience. I just figured that at some point of beating your head into a wall it's worth beating your head into a wall on a different map where perhaps you haven't contributed to the slaughter hundreds of local animals.

If you tell me what seed your world is on, FC, I'll use that one. I know you certainly didn't pick an easy one. :)
https://twitter.com/FlowerChildXL/statu ... 5676872704

This just in! RTH to contain a TARDIS!
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:But, before someone asks: the box will be blue. I like blue. It's a nice soothing color.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Well, the thing is, I didn't pick any seed... ever :)

Actually, I think I may have run some tests on established seeds back when I was first testing looted temples, just so I could quickly find test cases, but otherwise, that's it. I've certainly never used a known seed in actual play.

IMO, a big part of the strength of Minecraft is that your world is your own, and starts in a completely unknown state. I've randomly created dozens over time, and I don't think I remember ever generating a single one that was impossible to survive. I know it's theoretically possible, but I really don't think it happens as often as people think. I actually get quite excited when I occasionally find an island spawn or what have you.

So dude, I'd say just roll the dice. If your world truly sucks, you can always start another.
Fret

Post by Fret »

You're overthinking it, just play the game. You'll find that you got all the tools you need to deal with jungles, oceans or whatever you encounter.