[SPOILERS] One week of hell (Tips and suggestions of 4.ABBA)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Destinu

[SPOILERS] One week of hell (Tips and suggestions of 4.ABBA)

Post by Destinu »

This thread is all about the new update, so SPOILERS ALERT!!!
Spoiler
Show
Well, some good (and suffered) days have already passed since the new update of the mod that changes everything. So I would like to create this topic so that you can tell me what you do in the first 10 days (in-game), what tools you have done, which path to feed u ve adopted. What recipes do u think many have not yet discovered (I for example discovered the bow drill today = s). What tips would you leave for those who have just made their first iron tool after the chisel..
Stormweaver

Re: [SPOILERS] One week of hell (Tips and suggestions of 4.A

Post by Stormweaver »

The first Day/Night
Spoiler
Show
The first day is pretty set in stone as far as I've experienced it
- Punch a tree to get a shaft
- Dig a small hobbit hole to reach stone
- Chip out a stone using a pointed stick
- Chip out at least 3 more stones with your first sharp stone
- Use the sharp stones to get 12 shafts
- Craft a campfire, a fire plow, a pointed stick and a club
- Get a couple of pieces of food (preferably a chicken and a couple of pieces of mutton)
- It'll be getting dark around now, hide in hole and set up campfire
- Cook (in order of priority) and pork, chicken, mutton while chipping rocks out of the floor
- Eat food when cooked - if you had time to gather an extra rock's worth of fuel, start cooking something else - else don't bother
- Keep chipping away at the floor till morning
- Kill roof spider or locate nearby web
- Craft Axe
After that, I just do things as they become viable.
Spoiler
Show
- Try and get a chimney built before the second night (to farm string from webs)
- Get some bricks drying asap, because cooking over a campfire gets old quickly
- use creepers to blast holes at every opportunity, pretty much everything is useful
- gathering sugercane for baskets is useful if it's available nearby, just plant it somewhere handy and harvest if needed

Once you have a brick oven (to cook large quantities of food) and a crafting table (stone picks and shovels) you can do pretty much anything else at your leisure, which is kind of nice.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Zosit

Post by Zosit »

I have a checklist of things that I try to do for the first 3 days, and what I aim for from there.

Day 1:
Spoiler
Show
1. Pointy stick.
2. Get a few sharp rocks.
3. Beat down a tree or two for 9 sticks (try to completely cut down one for the burnable saplings)
4. Club at least one animal. Don't expect time for much more.
5. Dig a hole under flattish ground. (looking for an incline that only goes up one block)
6. Cook meat and harvest dirt/rocks all night .
Day 2:
Spoiler
Show
1. Spider webs, craft axe, 2 if possible.
2. Find the following:
- Animals
- Trees
- Coal (a day or two of torchs worth)
- A nice long term home (lava, a nearby desert and forest, and some exposed stone with coal/iron are all good signs of a optimal spot)
3. You want enough wood for 3-4 campfires and as much food as you can find.
4. Cook with as many fires as you can support for the night, and harvest rocks and dirt
Day 3:
Spoiler
Show
1. Spider webs, as always.
2. Clear ALL the animals in the mob spawn radius (may not be many left though...)
3. Find clay and lots of coal
Day 4 and after:
Spoiler
Show
Work towards getting:
- Bricks (A structure for this helps, but just re-placing clay that is broken every night can get you one oven fast)
- Coal
- Iron

And for tools I go axe -> pick -> sword (if i don't find one) -> hoe

The time it takes you to do these dictates how much of the surrounding area you'll have to cull animals in.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Stormweaver wrote:The first day is pretty set in stone as far as I've experienced it
There's actually a surprising amount of variations possible, that I've seen from people
Spoiler
Show
Will on Discord starts with clay first before punching a tree and it has some nice properties, like giving a super fast oven time, but slowing down food by two pieces in the early game.

There's also a lot of debate on the number of campfires to run on night 1 to 3, with some people going as high as 6 campfires on day 3, while others, like Will, will stick to 1 campfire
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Spoiler
Show
I usually stick to one campfire, and go for clay as soon as I have an axe to build a raised platform out of logs.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
VegasGoat

Post by VegasGoat »

Spoiler
Show
I don't bother with food the first day. Seems to waste too much hunger IMO, trying to kill things with the pointy stick and starting fires with the fire plough. First night is boring, just waiting around for a spider to club, but I usually start day 2 with string and only 2 shanks lost. Then it's an axe and bowdrill which lets met gather and cook food more efficiently. After that focus on getting the clay for the oven. Since I tend to go along the same path for getting wood and hunting food, I randomly throw the clay blocks down along that path far enough away from my night time shelter where mobs tend to not disturb it, though it still happens.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Spoiler
Show
I like to hide in a dirt hovel for 3 days slowly starving while my clay sits in an unloaded chunk so that it never finishes drying. If it doesn't work, I like to respawn over and over until it does.
True story.
Destinu

Post by Destinu »

FlowerChild wrote:True story.
lmao
Fret

Post by Fret »

I don't really have a 10-day game plan, but I try to have a campfire every night with some food cooking. First two nights only one campfire and after that, once I got enough wood and a bow drill, I tend to stick to two campfires a night. During the day I gather all the string I can and try to farm/kill as much animals as I can before they are all gone. I'm kind of surprised how many people feel the need to rush the brick oven. I find that a campfire can cook two pieces of food a night, so that two campfires actually supply a small surplus of food. So no trouble staying alive on that front. Of course I want brick ovens, but the clay in the world is not going anywhere, while the animals are getting decimated every night. Generally I try to harvest and lay down clay on the third or fourth day. While I wait for the clay to dry, I’ll collect coal and iron.