Version 4.AAAAAAAAAAHHHH Spoilers in Spoilers

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Version 4.AAAAAAAAAAHHHH Spoilers in Spoilers

Post by FlowerChild »

Later game usage of blocks, like aesthetic smoothstone can be rebalanced later as need be. Don't get too freaked out over it. There were a heck of a lot of changes to how things fundamentally work in this release, and it may just take awhile for everything to settle down a bit again as a result.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Congrats, FC, on finally managing to kill me. Before this update, I usually only died a half dozen times before making it to steel, and now I've died twice within a RL week. First was when I didn't realize a club didn't do knockback and got eaten by a spider on the second day at the start of this update, and next due to a creeper right as I came out of my hidey hole, right as I almost had enough iron to progress. I also very nearly died to a wolf earlier today. No doors at the start really makes things interesting :)
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
jackatthekilns

Post by jackatthekilns »

On lighting
Spoiler
Show
Crude torches last 1 full day. I have been doing a lot of sitting around waiting for spiders, so i decided to test
Fret

Post by Fret »

Just saw some new recipes.
Spoiler
Show
Ladders from shafts are gone, I guess we'll need a saw
Spoiler
Show
The new arrow recipe, Ouch!
Epsilon

Post by Epsilon »

About Ladders
Fret wrote:
Spoiler
Show
Ladders from shafts are gone, I guess we'll need a saw
Not True.
Spoiler
Show
The New recipe is verry close to the old one, one might say just altered by the addition of something that makes sence.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Not sure where the positive feedback and wtf just happened comments should go, maybe here?

I happened to get a spawn near a ravine with exposed mineshafts and my initial thought was this is awesome, this will be easy. I was wrong.
Spoiler
Show
Today I learned the hard way that crude torches set things on fire. Without torches that don't set things on fire mineshafts are very difficult to manage early on. I also discovered that conquering mob spawners early game are now extremely difficult without the ability to quickly break the spawner, or spam persistent torches. After being successful, I then discovered chests can't be collected with a stone axe. All of the ways I thought I could get ahead quickly, I can't.
Thank you FC for this amazing update. I feel the struggle to progress at every step and it's amazing!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

SterlingRed wrote:Thank you FC for this amazing update. I feel the struggle to progress at every step and it's amazing!
You're welcome man! I tried to cover as many bases as I could initially, and I'm slowly trying to plug the remaining holes. Like I think it was just in the last patch I took care of the chest thing you mentioned :)
jackatthekilns

Post by jackatthekilns »

Got a hoe
Spoiler
Show
I just found out the hard way that tilling soil turns the dirt into loose dirt. 1 block over a ravine
jackatthekilns

Post by jackatthekilns »

Just found something interesting about stone axes.
Spoiler
Show
they are not particularly effective on planks
Panda

Post by Panda »

So an interesting observation:

Today a hungry wolf chased me then
Spoiler
Show
I hopped into the water (swamp biome) and it sat at the edge of the water growling, it would not enter the water and i smack his fluff button with a rock tell he died.
Also on the topic of bricks has anyone tried
Spoiler
Show
Placing them in the desert? I mean do they bake faster? i haven't tried just wondering
Side note I'm not dead i've just been lurking for 4 years since I got married. Still Here.
Never say no to Panda.
Veracity

Post by Veracity »

Panda wrote: Also on the topic of bricks has anyone tried
Spoiler
Show
Placing them in the desert? I mean do they bake faster? i haven't tried just wondering
Spoiler
Show
Placing bricks in the desert doesn't make them cook any faster but it does make them much more likely to cook to completion as they won't be reset by the rain
Niyu

Post by Niyu »

I love the recent changes to the grates, I remeved the ones in my skylights and built dirt towers arround them to avoid monsters getting inside.
Spoiler
Show
The result was a constant stream of webs from the spiders stalking me during the night.
8bitBob

Post by 8bitBob »

Hit a brick wall with kilns. Pun intended.
Spoiler
Show
I cannot figure out how to make free floating bricks in the new release. They can be made with hardcore packing, but that requires a piston, which requires a a kiln to make the Soul Urn. I'm stuck needing a thing so I can make a thing to make the thing I need.

Is there some way of making kiln bricks besides hardcore packing that I'm missing?
gaga654

Post by gaga654 »

I think someone talked about this earlier in the thread, but
Spoiler
Show
There's a way to convert loose brick and cobble to normal by using something on it after it's been placed in the world.
8bitBob

Post by 8bitBob »

gaga654 wrote:I think someone talked about this earlier in the thread, but
Spoiler
Show
There's a way to convert loose brick and cobble to normal by using something on it after it's been placed in the world.
Found it. Thanks!
jackatthekilns

Post by jackatthekilns »

Not sure if this should be in a new thread because it pertains to AAABBBA

Noticed something about torches and I'm not sure if it is intended behavior
Spoiler
Show
When placing a lit torch (torch, not crude torch) on some surfaces, Cobble and loose cobble specifically, the torch goes out and need to be re-lit. This is not what happens on smooth stone. It isn't a huge deal, but it seems inconsistent
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

jackatthekilns wrote:Not sure if this should be in a new thread because it pertains to AAABBBA
That sounds excessively weird (even for me), and definitely not intended. I'll check it out.

EDIT: I couldn't reproduce that. Tested both block types you mentioned, placing torches on both side and top, with no issues. I'm a tad mystified as to how that could even happen unless the related code has been changed by an addon or something.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

With regards to fire spreading between blocks, I figured that out today and you are a genius FC I love it.
Spoiler
Show
If you right click an unlit torch with a lit one, or vice versa, the unlit torch will light.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
jackatthekilns

Post by jackatthekilns »

FlowerChild wrote: EDIT: I couldn't reproduce that. Tested both block types you mentioned, placing torches on both side and top, with no issues. I'm a tad mystified as to how that could even happen unless the related code has been changed by an addon or something.
I tried it again in another location and was able to place the lit torch on top of the loose cobble. My original post was in regards to the side of the block. I will keep testing and see if I can get it to reproduce reliably. If I can't then we can chalk it up to long hours of play and sleep deprivation. If I can get steps to reproduce, I will post a bug report.
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

dawnraider wrote:With regards to fire spreading between blocks, I figured that out today and you are a genius FC I love it.
Spoiler
Show
If you right click an unlit torch with a lit one, or vice versa, the unlit torch will light.
Not only that, but also
Spoiler
Show
this relation doesn't only apply between torches, but also other blocks that can emit heat
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

Third strata:
Spoiler
Show
Somthing is up with the mobs at the lowest strata. I'd need others confirmation but they appear to hit harder.
jackatthekilns

Post by jackatthekilns »

On the subject of planters
Spoiler
Show
Loose dirt does not work to create planters. does this mean planters have been pushed back on the tech tree?
ion

Post by ion »

jackatthekilns wrote:On the subject of planters
Spoiler
Show
Loose dirt does not work to create planters. does this mean planters have been pushed back on the tech tree?
Spoiler
Show
same old recipe. if you can create a planter you can make dirt
jackatthekilns

Post by jackatthekilns »

ion wrote:
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
I can pack the dirt, but I don't know how to pick it up and get it in my inventory
ion

Post by ion »

jackatthekilns wrote:
ion wrote:
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
I can pack the dirt, but I don't know how to pick it up and get it in my inventory
Spoiler
Show
sorry, my fault here, forgot about the block thing when packing. then it's only after anvil tech when BDs are available to pick blocks inside an inventory.