Dealing with ravines

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
RalphKastro

Dealing with ravines

Post by RalphKastro »

Over most of my playthroughs, I tend to explore lots and lots of ravines, probably because I refuse to dig tunnels looking for caves before I have a crucible, which forces me to explore surface caves until they lead to lower strata.

After so much time trying to find new ways to deal with them, as well as to decorate them(my all time favorite being from a battosay video where he made a corridor that went over one with a glass floor), I've begun to wonder how you guys usually deal with and decorate the ravines in your worlds?

I myself, have a strong preference for making small wood platforms with ropes with which to descend into the danger, and make pathways into the sides of the ravines to light everything up and find any hidden caves.
gaga654

Re: Dealing with ravines

Post by gaga654 »

I tend to play it as safe as possible, so I always explore from top to bottom. My first priority is building platforms along any high-up ledges, lighting them up as well. Any caves along the side I either block off or fully explore. I've found that the easiest way to die when caving is to have something drop on you from above, so by illuminating any high-up ledges or cave entrances I ensure that can't happen.

After that I descend to the bottom with some combination of rope, stairs, or ladders, and then treat it more or less as I would any other cave.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

RalphKastro

Post by RalphKastro »

That looks really cool, I think I'll steal a bit of the idea for my next surface-level ravine :)