Shears and Tool Recycling

The place to talk about how BTW might be different
Veracity

Shears and Tool Recycling

Post by Veracity »

When you recycle iron tools in a crucible you only get two thirds or so of the metal back. For most tools this incentivizes the player to use better metals since diamond ingots and soulforged steel can both be recycled with no loss. However unfortunately shears can only be crafted from iron and the player is stuck losing some metal permanently every time that they craft them. "Diamond Shears" are a silly concept but I'd like it if there were some way for the player to make higher quality shears which could be recycled with no loss.
AddyBaha

Re: Shears and Tool Recycling

Post by AddyBaha »

Why?

One of the first bigger projects for most players is a mob grinder. As soon as you have one working in your world, Iron should never be a problem again. In my opinion the loss of remelting iron tools just incentivizes the player to start this rather time consuming projekt.
MagikEh wrote:Placent Placenta Placenta! It's like beetle juice right?
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Losing 6 iron nuggets every several in game days is no big deal late game when I have a couple stacks of iron blocks in reserve from a mob grinder and increasing, like AddyBaha said.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

AddyBaha wrote:Why?
Yeah, that's ultimately why I haven't done this. Every time I think "hmmm... I could use some diamond sheers right about now", "meh... I have a ton of iron anyways" is inevitably my internal answer.

Eventually, for sure. It would be consistent with the other tools, and it feels like something is missing right now, which is why I think this is a common request.