Seeking -- selective blank-glass texture only

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
MisterFister

Seeking -- selective blank-glass texture only

Post by MisterFister »

I honestly prefer vanilla textures in my gameplay, but I've seen some examples of nice transparency-textures for glass that allow for seemless joining of multiple panels / blocks. The best example I saw was one that left some subtle distinguishing features at the common-edge of the larger panel while eliminating seams between blocks.

Is there a way to import just that single set of texture rules but to run vanilla for all other textures? Hell, does a texture pack exist the way I'm describing?
Last edited by MisterFister on Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
I consume a lot of YouTube. Some of what I consume is actually pretty good.
dawnraider

Re: Seeking -- selective blank-glass texture only

Post by dawnraider »

You must use MCPatcher with CTM for that functionality. Vanilla does not support texture rules not defined within the code itself. But yes if you install MCPatcher, just use the properties file that describes the rule for glass, along with the appropriate textures. You could probably use R3DCraft as a base, then replace the glass textures with straight vanilla ones modified in the same way, using the same rules file, or you could probably somewhere find a texture pack that does only that.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
MisterFister

Post by MisterFister »

Awesome, thanks
I consume a lot of YouTube. Some of what I consume is actually pretty good.
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

MisterFister wrote:Hell, does a texture pack exist the way I'm describing?
Yes there does, please use the search functionality of the forum for about 10 minutes before creating posts as it more than not yields information that you're looking for. The post linked is about 8 posts below this one in the forum.
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO