Form vs function in early-mid-late game

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
DaveYanakov

Re: Form vs function in early-mid-late game

Post by DaveYanakov »

Form follows function for me even into the endgame. Even my infernal library being a dark, flooded tower filled with rotting books and a single lens spotlighting the enchanter was a concession to spawning mechanics since I didn't want to risk blocking any magic by filling the room with torches
Better is the enemy of Good
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

DaveYanakov wrote:Form follows function for me even into the endgame. Even my infernal library being a dark, flooded tower filled with rotting books and a single lens spotlighting the enchanter was a concession to spawning mechanics since I didn't want to risk blocking any magic by filling the room with torches
Oh wow dude... that's not a mechanic, but now you have me thinking that maybe it should be :)
chaoticneutral

Post by chaoticneutral »

It... depends, really. It's more a matter of "will I rebuild this?" than actual stage of the game I'm in. For example I prioritize aesthetics for my first windmill and mobtrap a lot, since I see no reason for rebuilding them afterwards. On the other hand my first cauldron and saw don't even get their own buildings, since I'll eventually move them later anyway. (Specially the saw... that noise gets old really fast.)
DaveYanakov wrote:Form follows function for me even into the endgame. Even my infernal library being a dark, flooded tower filled with rotting books and a single lens spotlighting the enchanter was a concession to spawning mechanics since I didn't want to risk blocking any magic by filling the room with torches
This looks awesome. I like how you're using water to prevent the spawn and still keep everything dark.
--Who do you think you are, War?
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

I do though quite like the ability to create less of a dark and ominous library, and more of a mystical and grand one like I made a while back: https://imgur.com/a/vjbxx. Granted that uses glowstone not torches.

Though that library does look pretty awesome.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!