Furnace Refuel bug

Post any bugs that you find *in the mod* here. This place is NOT for posting installation errors or bugs with vanilla Minecraft, or add-on mods.
FerretFitz

Furnace Refuel bug

Post by FerretFitz »

If you save and quit with a furnace still cooking something and return to the game the furnace's fuel level is full again.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Furnace Refuel bug

Post by FlowerChild »

Initial test did not produce any results (fuel level was same as when I quit out).

Anything else you can tell me? I only changed the visuals on the furnace with this last release, not the internal functionality, so I'd be surprised if a bug like you described would result.
FerretFitz

Post by FerretFitz »

Hmm strange ive had it happen twice to me. Not one after another. It seems hard to reproduce. I was smelting iron ore with wood logs as the source.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Ok, I'll leave it open for awhile to see if someone else can confirm or reproduce it reliably, but will otherwise assume it's something particular to your configuration.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I just had it happen myself, so you weren't imagining things.

Quit out when I had 5 oak logs just starting to smelt 5 gold ore, decided to pop back in just to make sure it wouldn't trigger the problem you mentioned, and it did.

Didn't just refill the fuel gauge, but stayed at max until the first ore was maybe 3/4 smelted, so I suspect some kind of overflow is at play.

Will look into it further.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Fixed for next release.

I believe this was actually a vanilla bug where the burn state of the furnace wasn't being fully saved. I also think it was strictly a visual thing that wasn't actually affecting the length of time the furnace would burn for, but was just messing with the way the gauge looked.

Regardless, this bug has run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible.