A simple request.

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Atlantispy

A simple request.

Post by Atlantispy »

I know this is either likely to be completely dismissed or ridiculed but I wish to try my hand at making Better Than Wolves and other mods which I like compatible together. This would of course just be for private use and wouldn't be distributed publicly or even to my in real life friends. I have a friend who is more experienced than me in modding and has recommended that if I want to make the mods compatible, the easiest way would be to use the source code. I understand that you would not give this away lightly and even if you did give it to me that would be half of the battle seeing as I would have to ask for the other mods source code as well. So to get down to the point I am requesting the source code, entirely your choice.

It would make me greatly happy to be able to use your mod in conjunction with others as it is in my opinion, one of the best mods out there.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: A simple request.

Post by FlowerChild »

Sorry man, as a blanket policy, I just don't give out the source. Ever.

What mods in particular are you wanting to make it compatible with and in what ways? I'm thinking of throwing together an API which might make this kind of thing much easier, without needing to release the source anyways.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Use MCP, decompile it, works a charm. FC has indicated before that we can not discuss how to do this, but I'll spoil that it's easy and works as expected.

He also confirmed that we can release any BTW mods, as long as we don't include any of his source. A cumulative mod should work just fine and if you want to release something that does have changed BTW files, you'll have to release it as a patcher.

If parts of this don't make sense, ask your programmer friend to go over this reply together with you. Have fun :)

edit: ninja'd, but my post still stands :)
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Atlantispy

Post by Atlantispy »

I totally understand, my friend said I would probably have trouble getting the source from anyone, so I expected as much. I know this may anger you a little but I am a fan of the Yogbox, and as far as I am aware BTW is incompatible with some of the mods in there. Also (although I know it would be a lot harder) the aether mod would be a nice mod to have working alongside BTW. All I really want to happen is make it so minecraft can actually run and function properly whilst having these mods installed at the same time. I might make little tweaks (or my friend, who is far better than me) such as replacing the model windmill in the millenaire villages to a windmill from BTW.

Thanks for responding so quickly, seeing as your forum must be quite busy.
Atlantispy

Post by Atlantispy »

bump
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Atlantispy wrote:bump
Why? Wasn't this solved?
FlowerChild
Site Admin