Factorio .15 update

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
dawnraider

Factorio .15 update

Post by dawnraider »

Factorio .15 just released. After not playing for several months I picked it up again and it's certainly awesome. If anyone's put the the game down, I'd recommend taking another look. There's a lot of new content and all around quality of life changes.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Taleric

Re: Factorio .15 update

Post by Taleric »

I have put in 20+ hours, not even sure what would make Factorio better! :)

Finally got a mastery on trains and put them to great use especially with the uranium.

Sad when factorio logistics play is more enjoyable than transport fever.

I wish there was a RTS with a robust logistics side. All today's RTS want to be DoTA or want to streamline to be another failed e-sport.

At least we have factorio with the silky performance despite jaw dropping activity.
murillokb

Post by murillokb »

I wish I had time to play factorio right now. I have been waiting for .15 for a while now and boy did they deliver!
Taleric wrote: I wish there was a RTS with a robust logistics side. All today's RTS want to be DoTA or want to streamline to be another failed e-sport.
Wow imagine a RTS just like factorio where you need production lines to produce units!
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

murillokb wrote:
Wow imagine a RTS just like factorio where you need production lines to produce units!
I was pondering just that! We will have to see more combat options as the next gen but I will get countless more hour out of this so I can wait.

A hardcore realistic KSP 2.0 and next level Factorio are on my short list of next decade release desires.

Right now I am having an epic battle at the end of the tech tree to feed the end game. I had to burn some uranium to overt death and don't think I will ever see 40 units to start secondary refining lol.
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

I completed a standard run finally! Not sure what could be done feature wise to make factorio any better it was a perfect balance.

Has anyone tried multiplayer? I imagine you can only run the server when people are around or turn the biters off? That or they would evolve by the next time you logged in.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

A headless server will pause the game when nobody's connected. I haven't played the multiplayer since it was first introduced, but even then it was pretty solid - the game is pretty deterministic, so desync was fairly uncommon and the big issue we found was that the server could only send the map to one person at a time and would crash if two people tried to join at once (which I'm sure has been fixed for quite some time now).
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

Thank you! This is the type of questions I had.

Was able to get the server up finally. Surprisingly detailed, would have been easier to just join using steam but I wanted it always accessible.

Very smooth sof far, the friend I am playing with is brand new so I get lot laugh at him focusing on oil and uranium at the start.