Hellion. multiplayer survival space game!

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
kregoth

Hellion. multiplayer survival space game!

Post by kregoth »

Hellion is a first person multiplayer space survival game. It's a fusion of survival and space simulation genres that pits players against the deadly environment and one another. Survive in the harsh conditions of space and scavenge for air, fuel and other items necessary for survival. But keep in mind, you are not the only one out there. There are others, but will they help, or will they throw you to the void without a second thought? Remember, no matter how brutal space may seem, it cannot hold a candle to man.

This looks really promising, I think I might have to get this! Anyone else check this out yet? I've been holding off mostly sense it just came out, but having another game which deals with actual orbits and decompression just gets me excited! SPAAAAACCCCEEEEEE
FlowerChild wrote:My theory is that stupidity acts like an infectious organism on the net. Unless it's regularly pruned from your "garden", it will inevitably overwhelm it and kill off everything else.
Taleric

Re: Hellion. multiplayer survival space game!

Post by Taleric »

I watched a bunch of play and am interested in this too.

Decided I need to see more mechanics and features before I would buy.

The visuals and interface are great but much of the play is repeat after the first run and can be experienced with greater control in KSP.

The docking, survival play and part maintenance are very real looking over KSP but there is not much more than that right now.

Take Subnautica, it is very much a static survival like so many others right now but has incredible diversity of biome art, creature behavior, random base design and resource management that all set it well apart.

If Hellion gets more modular with maybe new component/ship creation, change to other axis of orbit and there-by "orbital debris biomes" I will think more. Much or this is difficult because the modules appear designed as more fun houses that can be put together.

For sure going to be watching closely.
kregoth

Re: Hellion. multiplayer survival space game!

Post by kregoth »

Found a post on steam from a dev about the survival aspects. Kinda had a WTF moment.
We will set real "survival" parameters in the next few patches. We wanted to give you, as our first players, time to learn basics, adapt and feel the atmosphere without thinking too much about systems and resources. LINK
I really just don't think I would ever do this launching a game. I feel like maybe the idea for a more interesting experience is everyone dying all the time as they figure it out. Plus they need people having a lot of reasons to use the distress call, that what is going to get more player on player interactions. If its difficult enough that a living player is more valuable than the loot on the ship, I would buy the game.

I hope they crank it up a lot more.
FlowerChild wrote:My theory is that stupidity acts like an infectious organism on the net. Unless it's regularly pruned from your "garden", it will inevitably overwhelm it and kill off everything else.