How do I load Optifine or GLSL into modern BTW?

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
Kyzer

How do I load Optifine or GLSL into modern BTW?

Post by Kyzer »

I looked up some things on it but they're all from 2012 and don't apply anymore.

I find it easier to make texture packs with shaders.

On that note, where are the textures for tree stumps? I couldn't find them in /btwmodtex.
Wow, a mod that makes Minecraft difficult.

Introduced to mod by user & friend Elusivehawk
Gilberreke

Re: How do I load Optifine or GLSL into modern BTW?

Post by Gilberreke »

This is an easy one to answer. You can't. Optifine hasn't been compatible since before dinosaurs roamed the earth. That being said, MCPatcher's mods are way more advanced than anything Optifine can do as far as I know, so use that.

As for shaders, I don't think they were ever compatible at any point in history. I might be wrong there, but I don't think I am.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Kyzer

Post by Kyzer »

Gilberreke wrote:This is an easy one to answer. You can't. Optifine hasn't been compatible since before dinosaurs roamed the earth. That being said, MCPatcher's mods are way more advanced than anything Optifine can do as far as I know, so use that.

As for shaders, I don't think they were ever compatible at any point in history. I might be wrong there, but I don't think I am.
There was a guide back in 2012 how to get optifine to work with BTW. It worked from what people said.

It's a shame no one's just made a hook to inject shaders into RAM.
Wow, a mod that makes Minecraft difficult.

Introduced to mod by user & friend Elusivehawk
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Kyzer wrote:There was a guide back in 2012 how to get optifine to work with BTW. It worked from what people said.

It's a shame no one's just made a hook to inject shaders into RAM.
Back then, BTW was a completely different beast and as far as I know, there was no shader support in Optifine at all.

So basically, 2012 posts about anything have no bearing on anything. Back then, BTW still used parts of Forge, Optifine was much smaller in scope and BTW was about 1% as encompassing as it is today.

What you are asking is impossible and always was really.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx