AI War II

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
logorouge

AI War II

Post by logorouge »

Been a long time, but I decided to drop by for a special occasion.

One of my favorite RTS, AI War, might be getting a sequel! I know there's at least a few RTS fans around these parts, so I wanted to share the news. I say "might" because they're using the kickstarter method, which you can never be completely sure how it will go.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ar ... ai-war-ii/

Big changes since AI War Classic:
-Squads instead of individual units for smaller ships
-Moved from 2d to 3d
-More playable races (instead of just humans every time)
-Battlefield is organized in solar systems instead of lone planets

Plus a bunch of other things, but those are the ones that caught my eye. Pretty exciting I think!
Azdoine may have wrote:Well, we are harvesting souls [...] Sure, they get trapped in a piece of metal, but at least they get to see the world.
MaxAstro

Re: AI War II

Post by MaxAstro »

HAHAHA. This level of coincidental timing... awesome.

...Or is it a coincidence? Secretly logorouge and I are actually fronts for AI 1 and AI 2... :p
"In the near future, the apocalypse has had an apocalypse."
logorouge

Post by logorouge »

MaxAstro wrote:HAHAHA. This level of coincidental timing... awesome.

...Or is it a coincidence? Secretly logorouge and I are actually fronts for AI 1 and AI 2... :p
Ah ah! That's hilarious.
I'm the Turtle type AI for sure. :P
Azdoine may have wrote:Well, we are harvesting souls [...] Sure, they get trapped in a piece of metal, but at least they get to see the world.
kregoth

Post by kregoth »

Glad I forgot to mention this before it was live :P I've owned AI war since before the first expansion. I'll be backing this!

I hope Co-op is improved, it's not easy setting up a game let alone expecting anyone to stick through 13 hours for a standard game. though it's my favorite way to play as you get to see more chaos! :P

EDIT: New AMA for the game https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments ... arter_and/
FlowerChild wrote:My theory is that stupidity acts like an infectious organism on the net. Unless it's regularly pruned from your "garden", it will inevitably overwhelm it and kill off everything else.
logorouge

Post by logorouge »

So, for those with more kickstarter experience, how do you know if a kickstarter like this is doing well? Can you tell early if it's gonna succeed or do you have to wait until the last 24 hours to really know?
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

logorouge wrote:So, for those with more kickstarter experience, how do you know if a kickstarter like this is doing well? Can you tell early if it's gonna succeed or do you have to wait until the last 24 hours to really know?
There are websites like Kicktraq that will tell you how well they are doing. From experience, if they say it'll succeed, it usually does, but if they say it will fail, it might still succeed, especially on smaller campaigns that aren't perfect PR machines, as they sometimes hit a lucky break or push through.

Seems like this campaign isn't trending very well, but it's still early days.

https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/arcengames/ai-war-ii/
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
logorouge

Post by logorouge »

It's unfortunate that they couldn't reach their goal for this Kickstarter. I know they will re-launch with a more modest goal (using the data from this one when it's over), but I wonder what will be cut to make that happen.
hawk

Post by hawk »

It is back up with a much smaller (and much more appropriate, in my opinion) goal that funded in 22 hours. They are in stretch goal time now. I've backed it and will probably give away two of my four Alpha keys here since I have only one other IRL friend interested... I'm older and most of them have "outgrown" games. Poor bastards, lol.

Anyway, give it a look if you like strategy games. The first one easily makes it into my top five of the genre.