Overwatch

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
jorgebonafe

Overwatch

Post by jorgebonafe »

I'm trying it soon on open beta, although at the price it is now there is no way I'm gonna buy it. But I'll check it out anyway...

Anyway playing?
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
BinoAl

Re: Overwatch

Post by BinoAl »

Yeah, I decided to give it a shot, and I'm enjoying it. Nothing too special, but good fun. Doesn't seem to set itself apart from all the similar class-based team shooters coming out lately, though, like Dirty Bomb and Paladins, but either way, it's worth playing, at least while it's free
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

I played for a while yesterday. Although it was pretty fun, it's one of those games that require some dedication to get into, and I already use up enough of my time with LoL :P Plus with the cost, I'll probably not touch this again. Unless Blizzard gives a discount some day. Which seems unlikely...
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

jorgebonafe wrote:I played for a while yesterday. Although it was pretty fun, it's one of those games that require some dedication to get into, and I already use up enough of my time with LoL :P Plus with the cost, I'll probably not touch this again. Unless Blizzard gives a discount some day. Which seems unlikely...
I had an easy time getting into it; The only tough part is learning all the roles just for counterplay, but even in my first two games, I got PotG as McCree. All the individual heroes are easy to get a feel for, and the rest of the skills you'll need come from every other shooter out there
Daisjun

Post by Daisjun »

It's good fun, but not worth the price they're asking. Especially for something that essentially feels like a TF2 clone which has been free for ages now. Also ever since I started buying up games on Steam I'm wary of dishing out anything more than 10 bucks on a game these days.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Daisjun wrote:It's good fun, but not worth the price they're asking. Especially for something that essentially feels like a TF2 clone which has been free for ages now. Also ever since I started buying up games on Steam I'm wary of dishing out anything more than 10 bucks on a game these days.
I agree that it's entirely too much money for what it is, but disagree that it's a TF2 clone; The similarities extend to both being objective and class focused shooters, but that's where they end imo. It's much more similar to the multitude of other recent class based shooters released, such as Dirty Bomb and Paladins. I think all of these are heavily inspired by TF2 for sure, but it's akin to calling Space Engineers a Minecraft clone. They just seem to scratch a different itch, so to speak.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

I've been enjoying it quite a lot myself, can't wait for the actual release. Stupid wipes :P. The open beta has been extended a day btw, for those interested (ends on the 10th now). If you see a FaceFoiled jumping around, gimme a holla!
Daisjun

Post by Daisjun »

FaceFoiled wrote:I've been enjoying it quite a lot myself, can't wait for the actual release. Stupid wipes :P. The open beta has been extended a day btw, for those interested (ends on the 10th now). If you see a FaceFoiled jumping around, gimme a holla!
Yeah I'm seriously considering buying it now. I think it all comes down to which of my friends will be getting it.
JamesGoblin

Post by JamesGoblin »

This one is going to be big...in fact, it is already quite huge. Standard Blizz stuff.
Not in the head!