Stellaris

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
DaveYanakov

Stellaris

Post by DaveYanakov »

I know it won't even be released until May 9th but I cannot contain my excitement this time. This is Paradox we're talking about, using all of the systems and experience they learned from Crusader Kings, Hearts of Iron, and Victoria, to make the game they always wanted to do. It's been awhile since I've really been excited by the prospect of getting to play a game, rather than by what the game represents.

From what I'm hearing, they've managed to achieve most if not all of the stated design goals

Better is the enemy of Good
Sarudak
Site Admin

Re: Stellaris

Post by Sarudak »

I feel like I've gotten too excited and too burned about too many games with too grand visions. I feel nothing.
Wafflewaffle

Post by Wafflewaffle »

Sarudak wrote:I feel like I've gotten too excited and too burned about too many games with too grand visions. I feel nothing.
There's been a surge of space-themed colonization games for a year now. Between this, the Masters of Orion reboot, Sid mayers Starships, Galactic Inheritors, Galactic Civilizations III and probably some other titles that flew under the radar, I too am under extreme saturation for the genre. I look at all this games and see the same shit copied and pasted over under a different name.

That being said thought, Stellaris is a Paradox game and those guys know their grand strategy games.
Oh great, now nothing can stop the inbred train

Paradox Interactive:
CHOO CHOO!
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Although I'm not much into 4X games, this does look very interesting. One day if I find myself with a lot of free time I may try this out

Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
JamesGoblin

Post by JamesGoblin »

Music is simple but quite catchy, some of us are listening to this even on the job:

Not in the head!