KerbalStuff shutting down

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
sargunv
Site Admin

KerbalStuff shutting down

Post by sargunv »

There are a few KSP fans here, so I thought I'd post this here:

KerbalStuff has shut down.

https://kerbalstuff.com/

The amount of entitlement I see in the Reddit thread surprised me. I always thought the KSP community was better than that. It's a sad day for the KSP community :(
Caevin

Re: KerbalStuff shutting down

Post by Caevin »

Even setting Squad aside, running Kerbal Stuff is a largely thankless job. In fact, for the most part, I just hear complaints. Most people don't actually care about the effort put into it. Whenever I've taken the time to add features or make improvements or meet the requests of users, no one has shown any appreciation.
Hearing stuff like this is always disheartening. It makes me feel especially guilty that I've spent most of my gaming time being a silent lurker in communities. There are probably many others like me just quietly enjoying stuff. And so it's mostly the loud obnoxious ones that get heard.
Inspires me to participate a bit better to help throw a tiny bit more positivity towards content creators.
Katalliaan

Re: KerbalStuff shutting down

Post by Katalliaan »

Shame. When I played KSP, I loved KerbalStuff because it emailed me when a mod I used updated and, well... wasn't Curse. It worked well, showed you everything you needed to know and let modders have a change log, link to their thread/github, etc.

However, from what I can tell by skimming the thread, there's already a group who's trying to recreate it. They have the website up, but registration is disabled while they retool it for the new name and such.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire