Game Works via MCPatcher only

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
Endarmir

Game Works via MCPatcher only

Post by Endarmir »

Hello there,

I'm sorry if this has been posted already, a quick search yielded no results.
The installation of both my girlfriend and I have the same exact problem: it works fine when we update via mcpatcher and then click on 'test minecraft' within MCPatcher, but if we use the standard launcher (having selected the proper profile of course) he seems to reset the files and we end up with standard old minecraft.

It is not terrible in itself that this happens, but it is rather annoying and it seems avoidable. We would also like to play together on a server and, despite not having tested this, I assume this can cause problems.

I hope this is something anyone can help us with. If you need more information please ask.

- I used manual approach several times.
- The .minecraft folder has been recreated several times.
- I used the total MCPatcher guide as well.

Thanks,
Endarmir

EDIT:
- After testing LAN-network we concluded that this did not work. Previous servers ran just fine. The error is: Stream ended.
murillokb

Re: Game Works via MCPatcher only

Post by murillokb »

looks like you are having the same problem as me (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9006)

I have no solution yet...

I'll keep an eye on this post.
Endarmir

Post by Endarmir »

Ah darn, did not see that. If that is the case, you can at least play via MCPatcher -> patch -> test minecraft :)
Rob

Post by Rob »

Figured out the issue. Updated my tutorial.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8506&p=141890#p149981

It has to do with the .json file associated with your jar.