Mobile survival games?

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
SterlingRed

Mobile survival games?

Post by SterlingRed »

Hey guys I'm looking for good mobile survival game suggestions. Y'all are the folks who would pick good ones based on being btw fans. Got an android phone and iPad so either ecosystem is fine. Not a huge fan of 3d environments because controls on a touch screen are always super shitty with 3d worlds.
I'm in Terraria atm but its a bloody mess and my interest is falling fast. I'll check out the so called "hardmode" and probably bail. Easy as hell and pretty much feels like a bad minecraft mod pack with way too many items, redundancies, over powered weapons, and nothing fits together.

I loved "Out There" and similar games so it doesn't have to be a block voxel. Anyone got any ideas? My free time increasingly comes when I'm unable to game from a computer so I'm trying to embrace mobile gaming but am struggling with what to play.
MaxAstro

Re: Mobile survival games?

Post by MaxAstro »

Terraria is an action platformer, not really in any way a survival game past the first half hour-ish, so if that is what you were looking for it's definitely gonna be a disappointment. :)

Personally I've yet to find much in the way of decent survival-style mobile games. Out There is good, and if you like that FTL - Faster Than Light is probably worth a look.

There are some good mobile rogue-like games, though, like Pixel Dungeon.
"In the near future, the apocalypse has had an apocalypse."
BinoAl

Re: Mobile survival games?

Post by BinoAl »

MaxAstro wrote: There are some good mobile rogue-like games, though, like Pixel Dungeon.
I think the only mobile games I've actually found myself enjoying were roguelikes in at least some sense. Dungeon Raid is one of my favorites. Solomon's Boneyard and Solomon's Keep were both very good games, though they're only on iOS, unfortunately.