Desperately need help finding a film

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Larmantine

Desperately need help finding a film

Post by Larmantine »

I've been digging for it some time. Saw it a couple years back. It's a historical film, set during one of British colonial wars, somewhere in Africa (want to say somewhere near Arabia, because they were fighting Muslims, but not sure). There were a lot of scenes in the desert. Some British soldiers were captured. There was this one dark-skinned native who was very strong and clever, helped them escape by drinking some kind of black potion that left them in a near death state. One guy's musket backfired and he became blind. There were some romantic elements, back in England. What else can I recall... There was a battle where the British soldiers were surrounded by some kind of Arabian horsemen, the British formed a defensive square but still were defeated IIRC.

If recall any other plot details, I'll post them. Please someone tell me that you've seen it, I'm dying to find it again.
weldaSB wrote:Edit: grammer
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Desperately need help finding a film

Post by FlowerChild »

You're not talking about Lawrence of Arabia are you?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056172

If so, then I guess I am a river to my people :)
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

How does google fail to find Laurence of Arabia if that was what you were looking for? :P It's a classic and very well known and talked about film, hehe
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
Larmantine

Post by Larmantine »

No, I've found it. It was The Four Feathers (2002). Thanks anyway guys, this thread can be locked now.
weldaSB wrote:Edit: grammer