Started work on a "game"

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
icynewyear

Started work on a "game"

Post by icynewyear »

So Ive started work on a "game" of sorts. The first level is done and I'm not sure if it is too difficult. Im gonna drop it here because I'm curious if anyone will find a way to advance. I promise in advance that this isn't a troll. There is a puzzle to solve. Also if you solve it you will know. Its not a situation where you can find the right answer without being aware you have found it. Thanks for putting up with me :P Also bug thanks to EvanT for the vocals in this. Don't bother asking him for hints, he is in the same boat as everyone else as to how to solve the puzzle.

Level 0:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hf4s4fkpciaav ... n.mp3?dl=0

edit: Im keeping this to this forum for now as the rest is not ready yet.
jorgebonafe

Re: Started work on a "game"

Post by jorgebonafe »

Is speaking German a requirement for this? This was pretty simple to understand, but will we need to know it to answer too? Because I don't, just wanna know if I'm wasting my time :P
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
icynewyear

Post by icynewyear »

Knowing German is not a significant advantage.
chaoticneutral

Post by chaoticneutral »

icynewyear wrote:Knowing German is not a significant advantage.
Well, then I guess there's no harm translating it, right?

jorgebonafe, here's the translation:
"beginning transmission 5-2-3-8-7 [3x] ending transmission"

List of stuff I tried to no success:
Spoiler
Show
Checking the file in a hex editor.
Checking for Morse code - I think it isn't; there's no space between the "dots", and no "stroke". And that noise in the middle is weird, it isn't really Morse.
Spectrogram - nothing.
--Who do you think you are, War?
gaga654

Post by gaga654 »

Looked at this a bit, didn't get anywhere.
Spoiler
Show
Just opening the file in notepad and looking for something resembling text, there is the word "Info" near the beginning as well as the sequence "BEGJMORTWY\^adfhknqsux". I'm not familiar enough with mp3s to know if that is a standard part of the file. (Seems likely that the answer is in the audio itself, not the file, but it doesn't hurt to check.)
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

Enter here for the ramblings of an exhausted mad man.
Spoiler
Show
okay, where to begin. Most obvious, the spoken words. there are 19 of them, added together that is 10, in binary that is 2.
there are 2 things we need to look at, before and after the space shipnoises. first there are 10 blips before the spaceship noises and 5 after, together that is 15.
there are 5 numbers spoken 3 times, there are 15 numbers. add all of our crazy math together we get 86 what is that combined??? 14. combine again to have a single digit. 5. the answer is 5.

now, if this isn't enough proof for you that the answer is 5, then we look at the numbers spoken 52387, take a look at your keyboard, 23587. 5 is the first number, then 2 and 3 with the 3 one space away from the 5, then 8 and 7 and the 7 one space from the 5. so with all of this mumbo-jumbo in our heads, our answer is this 23>5<78 the numbers themselves are pointing at the 5

fyi > means typing from the right and < means typing from the left

want more proof? 5+2+3+8+7=25
the square root of 25 is indeed 5.
"we haven't had a fight since the last one" -Atold 2016
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

ryoloth wrote:
Spoiler
Show
Enter here for the ramblings of an exhausted mad man.
Spoiler
Show
okay, where to begin. Most obvious, the spoken words. there are 19 of them, added together that is 10, in binary that is 2.
there are 2 things we need to look at, before and after the space shipnoises. first there are 10 blips before the spaceship noises and 5 after, together that is 15.
there are 5 numbers spoken 3 times, there are 15 numbers. add all of our crazy math together we get 86 what is that combined??? 14. combine again to have a single digit. 5. the answer is 5.

now, if this isn't enough proof for you that the answer is 5, then we look at the numbers spoken 52387, take a look at your keyboard, 23587. 5 is the first number, then 2 and 3 with the 3 one space away from the 5, then 8 and 7 and the 7 one space from the 5. so with all of this mumbo-jumbo in our heads, our answer is this 23>5<78 the numbers themselves are pointing at the 5

fyi > means typing from the right and < means typing from the left

want more proof? 5+2+3+8+7=25
the square root of 25 is indeed 5.
Oh my God... Do you know what this means?

Half Life 3 confirmed!!!
icynewyear

Post by icynewyear »

Updated transmission.mp3 Made a few minor changes that I feel move it closer to what I consider perfect.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

chaoticneutral wrote: List of stuff I tried to no success:
Spoiler
Show
Checking for Morse code - I think it isn't; there's no space between the "dots", and no "stroke". And that noise in the middle is weird, it isn't really Morse.
Spectrogram - nothing.
I don't know if the fact that I'm working off the updated version of transmission.mp3 makes any difference, but I tried one of the things you tried and did meet with success... at least I think so.. haven't gotten a response yet.. EDIT: Now I have.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

darahalian wrote:
Spoiler
Show
chaoticneutral wrote: List of stuff I tried to no success:
Spoiler
Show
Spectrogram - nothing.
I don't know if the fact that I'm working off the updated version of transmission.mp3 makes any difference, but I tried one of the things you tried and did meet with success... at least I think so.. haven't gotten a response yet.. EDIT: Now I have.
Spoiler
Show
Oh. I see. I would never have thought of that. I just tried to make sense of those red herrings/numbers for an hour and then gave up :P
chaoticneutral

Post by chaoticneutral »

darahalian wrote:
chaoticneutral wrote: I don't know if the fact that I'm working off the updated version of transmission.mp3 makes any difference, but I tried one of the things you tried and did meet with success... at least I think so.. haven't gotten a response yet.. EDIT: Now I have.
Time to retry it, then! :D
--Who do you think you are, War?