Rimworld Alpha 10

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
kregoth

Rimworld Alpha 10

Post by kregoth »

In case you haven't gotten an email update about the new version, well it's out now! Recheck your sendowl download page.

What's everyones thoughts so far about the new joy system? Can't wait to hear how people increase the joy of a psycho lol.
FlowerChild wrote:My theory is that stupidity acts like an infectious organism on the net. Unless it's regularly pruned from your "garden", it will inevitably overwhelm it and kill off everything else.
William the tuba

Re: Rimworld Alpha 10

Post by William the tuba »

So far, I haven't found it very impactful. Until the latest hotfix, it made it far harder to recruit prisoners (the combination of low joy + cabin fever made them very unhappy; I had six prisoners at one point.), but even then, I still recruited most of them, especially with the free colonists you get with the pacing changes.
(@Will on the discord)
Parents of young, organic life forms are warned that towels can be harmful if swallowed in large quantities.
Taleric

Re: Rimworld Alpha 10

Post by Taleric »

I have got to get back to playing rimworld, people keep bringing up the great situations that made me love DF lol.

"Any way to help brain-damaged colonists?

I'm a few hundred days into a game and my top colonist managed to lobotomize himself with a few auto-turrets and a rabid tortoise. Anyway, now his brain is down to 3/10 and he's unbelievably slow at everything. He can't get to a jobsite before he has to turn around and head to sleep. Are there any ways to deal with him that don't involve euthanizing him and harvesting his organs?"

"Other then getting a mod, not really.
You could turn him into a janitor and make him a room near wherever you want him to clean to keep that area relatively clean, but other then that...."

http://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/commen ... colonists/