Egg Incubator

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
echo off

Egg Incubator

Post by echo off »

I have a feeling i've seen this suggestion somewhere before, but i couldn't find it using the search function, so i'm assuming it was for another mod. In fact, other mods probably already have it, but anyway.

An egg incubator powered by redstone that increases the chances of an egg hatching. from 1/8 to 6/8 or something. operates much like other machines (millstone/furnace) in that you can only put one item in at a time.

i suppose it could even be powered by light, similar to crops, but i'm not sure how that would work out, and would probably require extra blocks (because you would most likely have to 'plant' your egg) unless you can make machines check for light level or something.
Beemlord

Re: Egg Incubator

Post by Beemlord »

this seems like a pretty cool idea but efficient chicken farms are already fairly easy to make.

and btw, it IS possible to make blocks check for light levels. The glowstone aggregators in Equivalent Exchange do it.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

This is a bit premature, given that 1.9 should have a breeding system for passive mobs. We don't know what it'll entail yet, but it's existsnce itself will either clash with this, or make it redundant one way or another.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Beemlord

Post by Beemlord »

This is a bit premature, given that 1.9 should have a breeding system for passive mobs. We don't know what it'll entail yet, but it's existsnce itself will either clash with this, or make it redundant one way or another.
I'm not so sure. The egg drop rate of chickens was increased significantly in 1.8. That could possibly be as far as they go with the chicken breeding system.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Beemlord wrote:I'm not so sure. The egg drop rate of chickens was increased significantly in 1.8. That could possibly be as far as they go with the chicken breeding system.
It could be, yes. On the other hand since there are no details released about it whatsoever, they might be taking it further after all.

In the end, my points stand.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Interesting concept, for sure.
Worth a block ID ? Definitely not.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Battosay wrote:Interesting concept, for sure.
Worth a block ID ? Definitely not.
True, but if I could work it into another existing or upcoming block (or combination of blocks), it might be interesting.

I'll keep it in mind.
the_fodder

Post by the_fodder »

What about if you put an egg in a Vase ,breaking it spawn a chicken?
It's FC mod, he just lets us play it.
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

the_fodder wrote:What about if you put an egg in a Vase ,breaking it spawn a chicken?
Silly, but I love this idea :)
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
the_fodder

Post by the_fodder »

Yeah , it uses Minecraft magic to incubate them.

Also think of the shooting galleries you could create.
It's FC mod, he just lets us play it.
M!C

Post by M!C »

Gilberreke wrote:
the_fodder wrote:What about if you put an egg in a Vase ,breaking it spawn a chicken?
Me too!
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Gilberreke wrote:
Gives a use to the vase, and itd be funny as hell to work with
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sorry guys, but I don't like the Vase idea at all. There's just no internal justification for that one.

Like I said, I'll keep the overall incubator idea in mind though. There may be a proper place for it in another block down the road.
PatrickSJ

Post by PatrickSJ »

An incubator is a room kept at a constant temperature. Rather than having just an egg incubator what is what if just needed a hothouse with variable temperature controls?

The heater could be used to accelerate plant & egg growth. Assuming 1.10 has breeding or baby animals it can also be used to increase birth rates. I'd expect the heater to warm a 5x5 area centered on the heater. The heater can have several temperature settings which will work for eggs, plants, babies but only when on that exact setting.

Edit: Now that I say heat I realize it could be done w/ a hibachi.
Brethern

Post by Brethern »

An incubator really is just a box that has a heat source to keep the eggs warm.

There's more to it than that but TBH it's not important.
echo off

Post by echo off »

now that i've played around with the new animal breeding i want to change my suggestion XD

a feeder... if an animal walks up to it, and it has power and wheat inside, it feeds the animal.
there might end up being more to it, or at least i know I'm hoping mojang prevents animals from breeding for a timed period after each breed.
but at least we could automate our farms XD