Golden armor, weapons, and tools in BTW

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Mud

Golden armor, weapons, and tools in BTW

Post by Mud »

I don't see much talk of golden armor, weapons, and tools in BTW since the introduction of Redstone Latches, and I'm interested to hear if anyone has found a niche for these items?
jorgebonafe

Re: Golden armor, weapons, and tools in BTW

Post by jorgebonafe »

Nope XD Throw`em all in the crucible...
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
ThePowerofTower

Post by ThePowerofTower »

I have plans to make a shrine of Golden Pickaxes on a carved sandstone pillar near a mine sometime. It would be glorious. Y'know, someday.
RalphKastro

Post by RalphKastro »

I once enchanted a gold sword to try and kill a Beast that got stuck inside my chest room(where all my iron was at that time). The sword is still there in a Frame to remind me to always put new dogs in quarentene.
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

If I can get my hands on enough gold, I want to deck a couple of zombies out in full armour and post them as 'guards' by my nether portal.
Phantom screams echo through the ruined facility
A horrible silence builds an eerie tranquility
The souls of many innocent fill the air
The hope they all died with scattered down there
Daisjun

Post by Daisjun »

Not sure if it's also true of BTW but at least in vMC, golden tools mine most blocks quicker than tools made out of any other material. They also have the highest enchantability chance from what I remember. Obviously the downside being that their durability sucks a fat one.

So I dunno, might be good for anarchy servers, get a whole bunch of gold tools and you can munch through a base.
gaga654

Post by gaga654 »

With durability less than wood tools, though, I really don't think it's worth it. And while gold is faster and more enchantable than diamond, in BTW we have SFS as well. I'm not sure how it compares to gold in terms of speed, but I'm pretty sure SFS's enchantability is just as good as gold's.
RalphKastro

Post by RalphKastro »

gaga654 wrote:With durability less than wood tools, though, I really don't think it's worth it. And while gold is faster and more enchantable than diamond, in BTW we have SFS as well. I'm not sure how it compares to gold in terms of speed, but I'm pretty sure SFS's enchantability is just as good as gold's.
And Also, I'm almost certainly sure that gold tools only break blocks also breakable by stone tools.
Niyu

Post by Niyu »

RalphKastro wrote:And Also, I'm almost certainly sure that gold tools only break blocks also breakable by stone tools.
I whink it was wood tools. I remember an Icy video where he tried to mine iron with a gold pick and it destroyed the iron without droping the ore.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

gaga654 wrote:With durability less than wood tools, though, I really don't think it's worth it. And while gold is faster and more enchantable than diamond, in BTW we have SFS as well. I'm not sure how it compares to gold in terms of speed, but I'm pretty sure SFS's enchantability is just as good as gold's.
Gold is enchantable with a basic altar though which means you can get the benefit much earlier in the tech tree
Better is the enemy of Good
Nyoike

Post by Nyoike »

Niyu wrote: I whink it was wood tools.
I believe it's the same level as wood tools.

As for use of gold tools. I remember in one of Icy's videos he made a gold sword and that saved him from a creeper blast. But as for me personally I don't use them.
ylogaj

Post by ylogaj »

Nyoike wrote:

As for use of gold tools. I remember in one of Icy's videos he made a gold sword and that saved him from a creeper blast. But as for me personally I don't use them.
That was when gold ore -> gold ingot. So gold tools were actually cheaper then iron ones for a little while.
icynewyear

Post by icynewyear »

ylogaj wrote:
Nyoike wrote:

That was when gold ore -> gold ingot. So gold tools were actually cheaper then iron ones for a little while.
That was also when blocking didn't lower durability.
Nyoike

Post by Nyoike »

ylogaj wrote: That was when gold ore -> gold ingot. So gold tools were actually cheaper then iron ones for a little while.
I did realize it was that long ago. Time flies I guess.
icynewyear wrote: That was also when blocking didn't lower durability.
I also did not know that this was a thing. I just assumed that blocking always lowered durability.
Mud

Post by Mud »

DaveYanakov wrote: Gold is enchantable with a basic altar though which means you can get the benefit much earlier in the tech tree
This is the kind of answer I was looking for. Thanks, Dave!
ion

Post by ion »

the same can be said about diamond and iron tools and are better that gold. now does gold tools get enchant only available with an infernal enchanter, like silk touch?