FarSky

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
FlowerChild
Site Admin

FarSky

Post by FlowerChild »

So, I've had this on my wishlist for awhile, and it went on sale on Steam for 5$ this weekend so I decided to grab it.

It's only a few hours long (like 4-6), but man, that was a super cool survival experience, and definitely something different. Well worth the 5$ IMO in case you guys are looking for something to play. Just don't expect any long term play value out of it. It is what it is, but it's very cool while it lasts.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Re: FarSky

Post by Sarudak »

Sadly the sale is over and it's back to $15 again... I'll put it on my wishlist.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yeah, definitely don't pay full price for it. Like I said, it lasts only a few hours, and a few aspects of it (like inventory management) feel rather unpolished, but I was actually quite impressed at how cool the experience was.

There were a few extremely tense moments I ran into during play, and in terms of survival gameplay, I haven't experienced anything quite like it before. Love the "you're in a very hostile environment" vibe.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

So it isn't the Minecraft in the ocean experience the trailer presents? I'll keep an eye out for a sale then
Better is the enemy of Good
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

DaveYanakov wrote:So it isn't the Minecraft in the ocean experience the trailer presents? I'll keep an eye out for a sale then
Well, yes, and no, not really :)

It's more a survival game, wrapped in an adventure, sprinkled in a few MC style creative elements. The creative aspect plays a relatively minor role and really comes down to just being able to customize your base and place mining drills where you want them. Most of the actual gameplay involves scavenging for supplies on the ocean floor.

It's funny, as I came into it kinda expecting an underwater base-builder or something where you had to deal with flooding and such, which I thought was a pretty cool idea. I was kinda disappointed when I realized that wasn't really the case, then wound up realizing I liked what was there instead :)
jakerman999

Post by jakerman999 »

FlowerChild wrote:It's funny, as I came into it kinda expecting an underwater base-builder or something where you had to deal with flooding and such, which I thought was a pretty cool idea.
Would just like to add that this does sound like a really cool idea, and I hope to one day see what your genius back-burner does with it.