Steam Sales

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
logorouge

Re: Steam Sales

Post by logorouge »

Katalliaan wrote: Do coupons stack with the sale price? I've still got two 25% off ones if they do.
They don't stack with the sale.
Azdoine may have wrote:Well, we are harvesting souls [...] Sure, they get trapped in a piece of metal, but at least they get to see the world.
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

I waited sooooo long and just grabbed Skyrim now with the expansions for a reasonable sale price. Very well optimized, beautiful and great fun! I have been playing these since Daggerfall, just classic goodness :D
Sandrew

Post by Sandrew »

I actually just bought Prison Architect yesterday and spent four hours glued to my desk chair.
Gunnerman21

Post by Gunnerman21 »

I bought prison architect as well, and I strongly agree: It's really addicting!

My first prison was absolute balls.. people escaped or died the first day it was open...

My second prison is the one I'm working on now, and it's running very smooth :) nobody has died, there hasn't been a fight in 14 days, and the newly built workshop is making quite the penny.
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.
Elusivehawk

Post by Elusivehawk »

Not a Steam sale per se, but it turns out PCGamer is giving away 1 million SpaceChem keys. Get one while you still can!
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

Hey guys!

Quick question: is buying Space Engineer at ~17$ worth it?
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

Gormador wrote:Hey guys!

Quick question: is buying Space Engineer at ~17$ worth it?
At the moment you will get about 6-8 hours of play single player depending on what you build.

The environment and Newtonian physics are worth it IMHO. By the time it is complete and has robust mods it will be on sale again or cheaper.

So if you get it now some of that $ you will have to see as supporting the devs.
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

Ok thanks for the reply :-)
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

Lunar Flight for $5

Was not sure what to expect. Only played for two hours so far and it is an Apollo style lander that you hop around the moon on missions or free flight.

Much like KSP it takes a moment to get a feel for how the craft moves. Unlike KSP, beyond performance upgrades, there are not any physical craft modifications.

Had a great close call mission (15 or so fuel units remaining) that was very satisfying. I doubt there will be a huge number of flights before it gets repetitive, I will be able to get $5 out of it.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Taleric wrote:Lunar Flight for $5
For what it's worth, I'm a big fan of this game. Steam says I have 17 hours into it, having owned it for probably over a year, and having come back to it to play through a 2nd time a month or so ago.

It's a limited experience obviously, but it has a very cool vibe and there just aren't many games out there like it. I'd say the flight model is much more hardcore than KSP's, and I highly recommend playing it with a gamepad as while the basic missions are relatively easy to do without, if you angle your craft from the vertical even slightly, you're asking for trouble if you don't have a 2nd joystick to work with to right yourself.

I'd think the Mars map in particular would be nigh impossible without a gamepad, as you need to angle yourself constantly to counteract the wind. My first playthrough I was keyboard only, but there was no Mars map back then, and I basically never strayed from a vertical orientation.
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

I'm sure everyone who wants it already owns it, but Skyrim for $4.99 this weekend.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Paradox is having a massive sale on pretty much everything right now.
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

Quite a few sales going! I have been waiting for CoH:ToV(Company of Heroes:Tales of Valor) to sale but I now see CoH2 is up too.

I did a ton of research a while back and set on CoH:ToV for Dawn of War 2 type play with WWII units.

Please make a recommendation if you have tried all these titles. I did not expect CoH2 to come down in price.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Taleric wrote: I did a ton of research a while back and set on CoH:ToV for Dawn of War 2 type play with WWII units.

Please make a recommendation if you have tried all these titles. I did not expect CoH2 to come down in price.
I haven't played CoH2, but have avoided it because of exactly the description you gave ;)

Dawn of War 2 was a huge disappointment to me, especially since the first was one of my favorite games of all time. I'm really not keen on this whole mass market kick (or more accurately: "attempt", as I don't think they've been selling well) that Relic has been on, so playing another dumbed-down RTS/action-game hybrid from them just doesn't excite me.

Doesn't surprise me that CoH has come down in price so quickly as a result. I think they've alienated a good portion of their fan base, which is a shame because they used to be an awesome studio.
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Don't starve is 66% off down to about 6$, still a recommended good game to get?
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Rawny wrote:Don't starve is 66% off down to about 6$, still a recommended good game to get?
Absolutely. If you haven't tried it yet you're likely in for a treat. I wasn't thrilled with how the development direction eventually wound up going, but the game is still excellent.
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

FlowerChild wrote:
Rawny wrote:Don't starve is 66% off
Absolutely. If you haven't tried it yet you're likely in for a treat. I wasn't thrilled with how the development direction eventually wound up going, but the game is still excellent.
Other than having to eat and there's some kind of crafting involved I know nothing about it. Does it essentially "require" a wiki to craft? It would be outdated but maybe I'll make some lets plays and you can spoiler the ending on me as a past revenge <text sucks. Meant in jest not spite.>.
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
Psion

Post by Psion »

dont starve recipes are all on tabs, letting you see what you need to craft a recipe. not all recipes are revealed at the start however, as you need to craft advanced workstations to open up new recipes.

And yes, you eat, you avoid extremes in temperature, and you try not to die to the wildbeasties that want to eat as well. steam says i've put 368 hours into the game, if that's any idea of its replay value. ;x (BTSM still wins at a whopping 868 hours though, haha.)
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

FlowerChild wrote:-snip-
Ty FC, guess I came into DoW2 odd as it was the first one I tried so I never linked it to a base building type RTS. (I did get and enjoy the first one later)

It has been tough to get a majority opinion on any of CoH/2 so that marketing shift must be the cause.
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

Review and apology, xcom: enemy within.

It was $9.99 and I did not want to recommend without trying. Watch for the next sale! This DLC has greatly improved my XCOM enjoyment. Additional features for weapons, gear ect and polish that fills out what I felt was a ho-hum stock title.
devak

Post by devak »

Taleric wrote:Review and apology, xcom: enemy within.

It was $9.99 and I did not want to recommend without trying. Watch for the next sale! This DLC has greatly improved my XCOM enjoyment. Additional features for weapons, gear ect and polish that fills out what I felt was a ho-hum stock title.
i played XCOM enemy unknown during the weekend. Loved it. Bought the full pack for 8 or 9 euros (so with all DLC).

Between that, Beyond Earth and the PreSequel, i need more time for my gaming :)
Sandrew

Post by Sandrew »

Taleric wrote:Review and apology, xcom: enemy within.

I bought the package for €7,49 so I could try the Long War mod and it's amazing. Crazy deal too, the game and expansion separately cost close to twice as much. I feel kinda dumb now that I forgot mentioned this on here.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Fist of Jesus. The most epic game since Glorious Leader...

(To clarify, I did not play this, I just thought it was the most hilarious thing I have seen in a while)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9IX9P4Ugi8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuKV2Z3eYTY

http://store.steampowered.com/app/321110/
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Daisjun

Post by Daisjun »

Saints Row Ultimate Franchise Pack for $13.74. Includes 2,3,4 and all the DLC. Great buy if you're like me and haven't played any of them.
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

This War of Mine, wait for sale or is it $20 good? (Did not want to start whole thread, please do if you own/have tons of information)