Fog and Render Distance

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Mistery159

Fog and Render Distance

Post by Mistery159 »

To be short:
I can't see the sun and moon while playing with a Short or Tiny Render Distance because the fog just start closer.

And I don't know how long last a day/night as I'm avoiding to break the inmersion using "cheaty" things like desktop clock to know what time is ingame. I used to check time and my position using the sun (it helps with the game-inmersion idk if anyone thinks the same) but since I have a poor pc I can not do it anymore.

So... there is anything I could do? At least to always see sun and moon.

PD: I'm posting here because I don't know if this thread fits with the general discusion forum topic and I'm afraid about FC's Ban Hammer. Also I've to apologize if my english isn't good enough.
mc_dunedin

Re: Fog and Render Distance

Post by mc_dunedin »

You can set up you own minecraft Lan server and set "view-distance=3" in the server.properties file. (You'll have to download, mod and configure the Minecraft Dedicated Server. "Open to LAN" won't do it.)

Set your own render distance to far, it will get cut off anyways.

Good Luck

Mistery159

Post by Mistery159 »

Running a server on the same pc does not affect the performance of the game? Thanks for the reply :)
ylogaj

Post by ylogaj »

Very little. Remember, the client runs an internal server anyway. Although, it's important to remember that you lose the ability to pause.