Drowning

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
MoRmEnGiL

Re: Drowning

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Ah, yeah, I remember him saying that. Problem is, you need people capable of following your vision, otherwise stuff like vmc happens.
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Based on this I wouldn't be surprised if he was in the middle of depression
Better is the enemy of Good
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

DaveYanakov wrote:Based on this I wouldn't be surprised if he was in the middle of depression
Yeah, I had the same impression. I really think Notch may be a victim of his own success.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Yeah I'd agree that his own success has certainly changed him and very well may have caused pressure for everything he does to be as ground breaking as Minecraft. Id imagine pressure like that would really get to someone.

It seems to me that notch likes to create and experiment, and once he has figured out whatever particular nitch challenge he is working on, his desire to continue disappears. My guess is that's why he jumps from small thing to small thing and enjoys jams. He likes the initial challenge and looses interest after he's gotten over the design hump. Follow through is not his thing. Which I understand in some way. Once I've figured out how to accomplish something, I loose interest and have no desire to actually finish because it all just becomes grind.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Well, it's not really the pressure I was referring to. Crazy success can actually be a rather disastrous thing for a person. If you define your life, or a good portion of it, around the struggle to succeed, attaining that success can wind up leaving a big hole in your life.

Notch obviously used to work his ass off to have pulled MC together largely alone. Now he probably never has to work another day in his life and thus may be lacking the external motivation to do what actually makes him happy.
devak

Post by devak »

FlowerChild wrote:Well, it's not really the pressure I was referring to. Crazy success can actually be a rather disastrous thing for a person. If you define your life, or a good portion of it, around the struggle to succeed, attaining that success can wind up leaving a big hole in your life.

Notch obviously used to work his ass off to have pulled MC together largely alone. Now he probably never has to work another day in his life and thus may be lacking the external motivation to do what actually makes him happy.
every other game he works on gets hyped to death.
I think that's most important. People will buy it because of you, not because of what you made and so everything you do starts to become meaningless.

Notch could draw a turd, sign it, put it on ebay and thousands would fight to buy it.

And yes this game is very depressing. A better job requires loosing knowledge, experience requires losing things and advancing through time requires one to give up tons of stuff.

Besides, the "project" "broken dream" "depressed" tree? vMC anyone?
0player

Post by 0player »

Spoiler
Show
Not sure, but there seem to be multiple ways of completing this? R/n I'm wondering where did I get Integrity from. And I also died SUPER fast. And Memory was practically of no use the closer to the end?