Catched a Cold

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
AddyBaha

Catched a Cold

Post by AddyBaha »

... and it won't go away.

Do ou guys have any good tips against

- headache
- runny nose
- cough and
- fever
MagikEh wrote:Placent Placenta Placenta! It's like beetle juice right?
FaceFoiled

Re: Catched a Cold

Post by FaceFoiled »

Start filling a bath with hot water, put some herbal oils in there to relax/sooth/heal (tea tree oil for example, doesnt smell the greatest though, but works).

Now the most important thing: Get a good thick book and get in the bath. Keep it topped off with hot water (not comfortable warm, sweating hot), and don't leave it until your cold is gone. If needed, get someone to bring you food and water.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

You could try sacrificing small animals. Works for me every time.
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
eternal8phoenix

Post by eternal8phoenix »

Over the counter cold meds usually do the trick for me. Or paracetamol on it's own, but don't take it with the cold meds since they usually contain it anyway, and that's overdosing.

Failing that:
a hot mug of lemon juice, honey and water works a treat for the cough and any sore throat it may bring.

Vapour rub, hot showers/baths or peppermint tea are good for runny noses. (clears eveything out)

Plenty of rest

Plenty of fluids, since the fever will dry you out
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

I don't like falling sick much either, but my recommendation is

1) A large cup/glass of water within arm's reach at any time. might also be good to prepare more than one. keep it/them topped up often and drink whenever you can.

2) A box of tissues. keep the nose as open as possible. blocked nostrils means less oxygen in your system.

3) a warm blanket. maybe several. keep yourself covered well. sweating is good. sweating means toxins leaving the system.

4) AC. your head should not be under the covers. keep your head cool, especially since the rest of your body should be really warm under the covers. Alternatives include a moist towel, which should be replaced often, and cooling water bottles. basically, heatsinks.

5) sleep. not just rest. close eyes and doze off. when you wake up, rehydrate, clear nose and get some more sleep. repeat until condition improves.

6) toliet. the large amounts of water you're drinking should also mean a large amount of liquids leaving the body as well. go whenever you feel the need. like sweating, toxins also leave the body.

Not sure if this helps, but I hope you get well soon.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

As patient zero, you know what you need to do for the good of humanity.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

FlowerChild wrote:As patient zero, you know what you need to do for the good of humanity.
Return To Home. :D

Hah, quite relevant! :) Everybody gets sick at times, and some flu's and colds get be passed on to others. If you do work in an environment with lots of people around you, going home to sweat out the worst away from others is not a bad idea. :)
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Like most Sweating it out works for me, usually an afternoon nap (~4 hrs) with a hot water bottle and under a lot of warm blankets.
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
Gunnerman21

Post by Gunnerman21 »

I'm a little weird. The cure for my colds is actually going to school and outside and running around and working my body. After about just a day of that, the cold passes by the next day.
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Could be lupus.
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

It's never lupus.
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Best thing is a good workout in my experience. Sweat it out :)
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

I usually brew up a 'hot toddy' (at least thats what my family have always called it- probably has several names)
-Roughly 1/2 cup of boiling water, 2-3 large spoons of honey, squeeze half a lemon in it and tot it up with whisky/brandy.

The result is very drinkable, but it warms you to the core. Doesn't fix a runny nose, but clears up a headache/sinuses in no time.
(a lot of the alcohol boils off, but be responsible all the same)
Phantom screams echo through the ruined facility
A horrible silence builds an eerie tranquility
The souls of many innocent fill the air
The hope they all died with scattered down there
Talarga08

Post by Talarga08 »

As a med-school student I can only tell you to do whatever the hell you want to feel better as long as you don't take antibiotics. They're worthless if the infection is viral (most likely) and tend to build up bacterial resistance.

Now, as a normal human being I recomend some black tea with honey and lemon juice (from actual lemons, not the bottled shit kind) and taking some over-the-counter drug with paracetamol and a pinch of pseudoephedrine (not sure about it's legal status where you're from) a pill every 8 hours. Placebo or not it fixes me everytime. :)
Random MCF Derp wrote:(Wolfaboo/Forge/Update rant)
Flowerchild wrote:Fuck off.
tedium

Post by tedium »

FlowerChild makes heroes of us all, and gives us battle axes where we had swords weak as zombie paws.