Ignis (Co-Op Survival Server) [BTW 4.99999A0C Marsupial?!]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
kmann100500

Re: Ignis (Co-Op Survival Server) [BTW V4.89PHILLIP]

Post by kmann100500 »

Your experience with BTW? I've been playing BTW since version 2.xx (cant remember exactly which) and have been playing minecraft since beta 1.2
Why do you want to join this specific server? It seems like a well managed stable server.
How do you like building your bases? (underground, city, houses etc). underground mostly, something i like to build mansions.
How often will you be able to play on the server? Daily
In-game-name? kmann100500
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Kmann and Jhary whitelisted. I'm sorry for taking so long to whitelist you two, but as i said I'm very sick and tired, and im laying in my bed 99% of the time.
noradith and gr34tn, I'm sorry, but you two just created an account, it would be nice if you could stay a little longer on the forums or similar.
gr34tn3ss88

Post by gr34tn3ss88 »

We both created an account to specifically join this server, having not played BTW smp before we had no reason to make an account, but all is well we can find somewhere else to play.
eternal8phoenix

Post by eternal8phoenix »

Everyone at cliffside, a little announcement/apology.

I was using the route bio made from habs desert base to get back to spawn, when out of nowhere a pigman attacked me. I did nothing to provoke it, I guess it must have been one someone else missed.

Anyway, it fell through the portal, and despite a couple of death trying, I couldn't kill it. Sorry, but he's hanging around the portal right now.
TaterBoy

Post by TaterBoy »

It's my fault entirely Phoenix, I was attempting to suffocate a pigman with a gold sword when I fell into the 1x1x2 pit he was in, mining out was impossible, so I just attacked and hoped I could prevail, but I did not...I was being way too careless, most of all I should not have been doing what I was doing with diamond tools in hand. It's going to take a while for me to calm down and play thorough the whole early game survival nightmare after I had finally achieved subsistence.

My apologies to you and anyone else who ends up dying because of my gold fever. The funny thing is back when gold was not a comically scarce resource, I never would have done risky behavior like that. But when your only choices are to trek for hours searching for a desert temple, or mine for hours, or spend five seconds suffocating a pig, it's hard to not choose the third option. :D
Cthulhu for President: It's not the right choice, it's the only choice.
Larmantine

Post by Larmantine »

Application:

I play BTW occasionally but now I'm addicted to it again. Been around with BTW since pistons came out.

I wanna join this specific server because I'm feeling somewhat alone, and there are almost no servers now.

Depends. Usually starting underground, but when I have a foothold, I expand upwards.

Should be able to log in daily.

IGN: Larmantine
weldaSB wrote:Edit: grammer
TaterBoy

Post by TaterBoy »

Update:
To the best of my knowledge and ability, the Zombie Pigman crisis in the nether near the Cliffside Portal is over. I've tried to track down and suffocate any angry zombies I could find, but the thing I only just found out tonight and what really frustrated me is that a zombie holding an item will not despawn naturally.

All I can do is sincerely apologize to everyone here, and advise caution when traversing the nether in that area. I hope even though I've committed this embarrassing faux pas that you all will not think less of me, as it has been a privilege and a lot of fun to play on this server and hope I can continue to do so.

I also hope we can eventually start infecting the nether with spores so we don't have to worry about malingering pigmen as much in the future.

Sincerely,
Tater

*edited to clarify
Last edited by TaterBoy on Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

It's okay mate :) Stuff sometimes happens and this was just an accident.
Also, Larm you are whitelisted ;D
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

OMG guys :D I FINALLY got enough diamonds for a portal :D I think i have 6 in total, i would have 7, but 1 of them dropped into molten lava :(
eternal8phoenix

TaterBoy wrote:snip
Eh, everyone makes mistakes :P I didn't lose anything since I was on a hcs recovery anyway. Let's keep the pigman hassling for somewhere a bit more off-piste in future :P

And Erik, congrats :D
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

Worked on Spawn Town with Bio today. It is now accessible via portal :)
Spoiler
Show
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Oh nice job, Bio and Sockthing! If we are gonna build a wall around it, try and make it as big as possible. Expanding past a wall and having to move it is a bitch :)
Rob

Post by Rob »

If you out grow a walls boundaries, you don't move it, you add a gate and build a second wall. It's all about the aesthetics, Erik. :-P
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

Spoiler
Show
Finally into the diamond age... almost.
Phantom screams echo through the ruined facility
A horrible silence builds an eerie tranquility
The souls of many innocent fill the air
The hope they all died with scattered down there
TaterBoy

Post by TaterBoy »

A little project I'm working on. This bridge crosses the ocean and connects to another continent, someday there will hopefully be a rail, but that still seems like a long way off.

Mostly I'm proud of the effect cement buckets have, I was able to create a more realistic bridge with pylons rather than one that defies gravity, and I was also able to build them without having to go anywhere near tentacle range, oh but how they looked up at me and danced and beckoned, but never once did I fall for their siren song.

Still a work in progress, but at least the base of the bridge is finished.
Spoiler
Show
dal1308

Post by dal1308 »

hello erik. i would like to join the server. i had experience in the btw mod but it has changed a lot so i probably know nothing. i would like to join because i would like someone to teach me how to play the mod (yes i know theres tuts) i prefer an actual teacher rather then watching someone. i like building towers. i should be able to play everyday depending on my internet working and amount of homework (everyday for me). DrCat1308
eternal8phoenix

Sockthing wrote:Worked on Spawn Town with Bio today. It is now accessible via portal :)
Spoiler
Show
Not being rude or anything but in the vanilla textures, the packed earth in the roads looks off. It's way too dark and kinda off-putting. I'd like to ask you to take a quick look in the vanilla pack to see what I mean. Again not trying to be rude, I normally love the stuff you come out with, but I think the packed earth is a mistake.

Pics of the road in the default pack
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

eternal8phoenix wrote: Not being rude or anything but in the vanilla textures, the packed earth in the roads looks off. It's way too dark and kinda off-putting. I'd like to ask you to take a quick look in the vanilla pack to see what I mean. Again not trying to be rude, I normally love the stuff you come out with, but I think the packed earth is a mistake.
Yeah you are right! Will look what would be suitable in vanilla textures to replace it!
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

The server that we all thought was in Amsterdam, was apperently located in the US. Iam not sure why this happened, it could be a problem on MCProhostings part, but it could also have been me screwing up stuff because PayPal isn't the easiest thing to use (atleast not for me).
Would people like the server to be moved to Amsterdam? It will mean that be IP will be changed, but hopefully everything will run more smoothly :) Iam seriously sorry for the inconvinience, I wish I could go back in time, and correct this stuff, but according to science, that won't happen.
I will also see if I can upgrade the ram, but thats nothing you guys should worry about :)
TaterBoy

Post by TaterBoy »

Majority vote would be the best way, as I personally wouldn't benefit from it moving further away (being that I am from the US), but I imagine there are more people on the server who live in the EU. Just my two cents, I'm appreciative of it being hosted regardless of where.
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Alright, ill see if i can get a poll up 'n running!
EDIT: Poll is up! Check the original server info post, please answer as fast as possible!
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Thinking about taking a look at this server now that my main midterms week is going to be over and I figured out how to update with the new launcher. Would anyone be interested in co-op play, or would the people running spawn down be interested in having another person to help out? I personally like working together with others to get the huge farms running quickly :) I'm also fairly alright with redstone and automation if you guys need help with that(not an official application, just seeing if anyone is interested in playing with me)
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Looks like most of the members want the server to be moved. I will message MCProhosting later today.
sacrife

Post by sacrife »

If I could, I would be really interested into starting playing again.
I played a long time on PK_420's server. And I've played a lot on my own, trying to make minimalistic automation. After a long break, I wanna play a little again.
I tried playing vanilla minecraft, but its just so boring when everything is handed to you, right from the start.

Application

Your experience with BTW?
Several steel age playthroughs with heavy automation
Why do you want to join this specific server?
To slowly and casually play a coop server with a good atmosphere and supporting people.
How do you like building your bases? (underground, city, houses etc).
Both. It's kind of random. Depends on what I want to make.
How often will you be able to play on the server?
1-5 times a week.
In-game-name?
sacrife
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Whitelisted mate :)
Gonna message McProhosting now, will hopefully be moved tomorrow :) Gonna close it down while they move it though, i'm very sorry for the inconvinience, but it seems like most people want it to be moved.