General BTW "Let's Play"s thread

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Rawny

Re: General BTW "Let's Play"s thread

Post by Rawny »

Sockthing wrote: I think that your mushroom setup might not be real good. Apparently they only grow if there are less than 5 in a 9x9x3 area. Thats what I've been told. Maybe it helps! :)
:( I know *cry* CmdrRipper and I played 6 hours in two days and I didn't think of it at the time. My "squares" are two small and thus practically EACH of my mushrooms have 5 in range. Six hours at 20 minutes per day cycle, I'm uploading and releasing #15 tomorrow, that means there are 3 episodes after the 15th one that need to come out before I can fix it. :( Don't tell Ripper, he's thinks I'm his wiki LOL! I know BTW a lot, I've played for a long time so I know zounds more than Ripper does about BTW but I haven't played and/or gotten to late tech in quite a while. I know for sure that I haven't played much past the updates when SFS required visits to the end so we'll have some together learning to do. Hell, watch the first day over; embarrassingly, the "Phillip" changes to sti... shafts threw me off so much I became unable to do simple math. LOL.
Thanks for helping. :)
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

Well you always learn something new, especially with BTW ;) anyway I'm enjoying your series! Keep it up!
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

DAY 15 episode posted! With added CLIFFHANGER!

Rawny's View
CmdrRipper's view
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

So, I'm digging through the Nether, looking for a fortress to get to smelting and kiln tech, when my soul sand pile works. Elated, I dig in the direction it tells me to, and I break into a small cavern. I explore, hoping to save some durability on my pick, and I find an opening into a lava lake. One populated almost entirely by hot air kitties (Ghasts). I mediocrely fight them off, somehow surviving, when I get hit by behind. Somehow I aggravated a pigman, and he was giving me hugs. I quickly died. Here is me trying to get my stuff back. I die even quicker.

While you're on my channel, also check out my SMP series, "Better Than Friends."</self advertisement>
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
MrSweenzo

Post by MrSweenzo »

Hey guys! After a year hiatus I am uploading to YouTube again. This is Episode 1 of my Better Than Wolves LP. I hope you guys enjoy!

Last edited by MrSweenzo on Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ko_teknik

Post by ko_teknik »

Ep 24 is out ^^

what is the better way to have a automatic kiln ? ( before meeting the dragon )
look at 00:03:10 piston disappear bug
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

If there is interest, I'd like to start a new thread for everyone to post the LP videos in since it appears Six is too busy to take on the job. I would like to put a channel list in the OP so it's easier to find people. I've discovered a few new let's play series once I noticed this thread, but I know many people aren't patient enough to read through the thread.

Does that sound like a reasonable plan?
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

Battlecat wrote:If there is interest, I'd like to start a new thread for everyone to post the LP videos in since it appears Six is too busy to take on the job. I would like to put a channel list in the OP so it's easier to find people. I've discovered a few new let's play series once I noticed this thread, but I know many people aren't patient enough to read through the thread.

I think that would be great! But then we'd have 2 threads with basically the same content.. Maybe this one should be locked or deleted then?
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
MrSweenzo

Post by MrSweenzo »

Battlecat wrote:If there is interest, I'd like to start a new thread for everyone to post the LP videos in since it appears Six is too busy to take on the job. I would like to put a channel list in the OP so it's easier to find people. I've discovered a few new let's play series once I noticed this thread, but I know many people aren't patient enough to read through the thread.

Seems like a good idea to me
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

DAY 16 episode posted! CLIFFHANGER resolution!

Rawny's View
CmdrRipper's view
I kinda like it and if it were to happen, this thread and all new ones would have to be and get locked. The problem is what if the OP'er "disappears" or starts slacking. I can foresee the OP getting out of date and full of discontinued serieseses. There would have to be a set "time" where series get moved to a bottom into a concluded or discontinued section. I'm also assuming series creators would still be able to post in the thread that they've got a new episode, there would just be a series link in the OP?
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

Rawny wrote: I kinda like it and if it were to happen, this thread and all new ones would have to be and get locked. The problem is what if the OP'er "disappears" or starts slacking. I can foresee the OP getting out of date and full of discontinued serieseses. There would have to be a set "time" where series get moved to a bottom into a concluded or discontinued section. I'm also assuming series creators would still be able to post in the thread that they've got a new episode, there would just be a series link in the OP?
People leaving is always a challenge with threads like this, but the hope would be someone will step up to take over in a new thread, similar to what's happened with the news thread. I'm thinking a link to the channel by default or a link to an episode or playlist of the owner's choice in the OP.

Assuming no objections rise, I'll get the thread posted in the morning. I gathered a list of all the LP's in this thread earlier today.
MrSweenzo

Post by MrSweenzo »

Battlecat wrote:
Rawny wrote: I kinda like it and if it were to happen, this thread and all new ones would have to be and get locked. The problem is what if the OP'er "disappears" or starts slacking. I can foresee the OP getting out of date and full of discontinued serieseses. There would have to be a set "time" where series get moved to a bottom into a concluded or discontinued section. I'm also assuming series creators would still be able to post in the thread that they've got a new episode, there would just be a series link in the OP?
People leaving is always a challenge with threads like this, but the hope would be someone will step up to take over in a new thread, similar to what's happened with the news thread. I'm thinking a link to the channel by default or a link to an episode or playlist of the owner's choice in the OP.

Assuming no objections rise, I'll get the thread posted in the morning. I gathered a list of all the LP's in this thread earlier today.
Sounds like a plan!
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Aw yeah guys, Krawll is back!

He seems to have a lot of misconceptions still, so I think it will be fun :D
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx