Ignis (Co-Op Survival Server) [BTW 4.99999A0C Marsupial?!]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Roflpofl

Re: Ignis (Co-Op Survival Server) [BTW V4.89PHILLIP]

Post by Roflpofl »

Hello from a 21 years old Applied Computer Sience Student.

Your experience with BTW?
I started playing BTW offline well before the hardcore features where implemented. While i am not really active on the forums, i was "stalking" alot for about 1,5 years(Mostly for discussions on game design)
In singleplayer i am currently securing my spawn radius. Got crucibles, but no mob farm yet.
Why do you want to join this specific server?
A fresh european btw server is a really rare opportunity. Most servers are very old, down or don't accept new players anymore. + my friends don't play minecraft -> no private coops for me.
How do you like building your bases? (underground, city, houses etc).
In general underground, but once i have the recources for a real base..well, it depends on the current project(me likes astheatics!).
How often will you be able to play on the server?
In theory: every day, but i expect to be online 2-4 times a week
In-game-name?
Roflpofl
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

So many new faces :3 Welcome mr. Rofl
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

Gorgoyle for Cliffside?
Spoiler
Show
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
TheHoboHunted

Post by TheHoboHunted »

Hi there, I'd like to apply to play on your Server.

I've been playing BTW since about mid 2011. Honestly, I cannot play MC with BTW anymore. Without it, MC just feels... Empty.

The other Servers I played on previously have either died off or been shut down in my absence. So my Steve is looking for a new home, and your server seems quite inviting.

How do you like building your bases?
Due to my experiences on some of the early PK servers, I have a penchant for elaborate sprawling hobbit holes with secret entrances. I've come to really enjoy the experience of tucking into a nook of serene untouched land, only to enter through a secret door, into a den of depravity and dark practices. I may make a landmark or two, but I usually try to leave the surface relatively untouched.

Between work and other interests, I cannot guarantee I'll be on all the time, but I'll try to be on enough to have fun. So maybe once or twice a day every other day at the least? I'd at least try to make my slot worth it's time. :D

In-game-name?
My in-game name is HoboHunted.

I look forward to your response.

EDIT:
Spoiler
Show
Awesome Gargoyle Sculpture Sockthing! I wish you much luck on finding the Mats for the pumps to power it. ;D
FlowerChild wrote:Hehe...when have any of my additions to the game been innocent? :)
JesterxMailMan89

Post by JesterxMailMan89 »

A few days late for the opening, but this still seems interesting :)

Playin since Beta Beta 1.8 or thereabouts? Maybe 1.7? Ive been through the tech tree a couple times but haven't done much as of late.

Its a new server and seems like it would be fun :) I have had an itch to do another multiplayer run after the last server I played on went down

How do you like building your bases?
Depends on the terrain Im in. Ive made tree houses in jungles (before jungle spiders were in) and completely underground bases in mountains. Depends on my whimsy

Hopefully every couple days, sometimes for long amounts of time and sometimes not. Im currently in school so my schedule is merciless, but I should have enough time to be on at least not he weekends

In-game-name?
JesterMailMan

Lookin forward to bein on if everything checks out
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

TheHoboHunted wrote:
Spoiler
Show
Awesome Gargoyle Sculpture Sockthing! I wish you much luck on finding the Mats for the pumps to power it. ;D
We have a water source quite high up on a mountain side. So no need for pumps ;) It will decorate our mob trap!
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
TheHoboHunted

Post by TheHoboHunted »

Sockthing wrote:
Spoiler
Show
We have a water source quite high up on a mountain side. So no need for pumps ;) It will decorate our mob trap!
Awesome, hope to see it in action some day. :D
FlowerChild wrote:Hehe...when have any of my additions to the game been innocent? :)
danielngtiger

Post by danielngtiger »

I was slaughtered by a jungle spider at the edge of the large jungle south-west of spawn. I had a half-way broken iron shovel on me that I took off a zombie, so if anyone is passing through there, it is yours for the taking. I didn't have much else of value on me, a couple porkchops and a few stone tools is all I think.
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak.
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Whitelisted, Jexterx. Enjoy!
TaterBoy

Post by TaterBoy »

Application

I've been using the mod for close to 2 years, and have played Minecraft since alpha. I've developed a fascination with all things mechanical. While my survival skills are not as good as some, it's something I always like to work on, and at the very worst, I'll work for food.

I've been out of SMP for a while due to a personal loss, but I've felt it's time to come back, and starting out on a server that is still somewhat new and small will be best.

Early on I tend to stay underground as much as possible, once building materials become somewhat trivial I do like to build architectural wonders though.

Currently I have no job, so in most cases I will likely be able to play for a few to several hours most days, which might change if I become employed, but even in that case I will still make time to play.

In-game-name?
TaterBoy
Cthulhu for President: It's not the right choice, it's the only choice.
SerraNova

Post by SerraNova »

Sockthing wrote:Gorgoyle for Cliffside?
Hey Sockthing, how are you imagining the depth of this interacting with the cliff? Is it going to be on a buttressed shelf? Are we going to carve the upper part of the cliff back to make the shelf? I hope we're not going to build the rest of the cliff / trap out under it, because the area is small enough as it is. (I vote for carve the upper part back, but you are the artist! :P)
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

By the way, if anyone gets to a stage where they are able to defeat the dragon, please dont encounter it, we are going to defeat it together :)
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Also, Tater, you are whitelisted, i have posted it like 2 times but the message keeps disapearing. Im sorry.
TaterBoy

Post by TaterBoy »

Thanks for the add. Now to see how rusty at survival I am.
EpicAaron

Post by EpicAaron »

Your experience with BTW?:
I have played for a considerable amount of time now, and my activity can be seen on other servers such as Ivalice and PK's Server.

Why do you want to join this specific server?:
Many of my companions that I had been playing with on PK's server have moved on to this one for a while, so I have decided to check it out as well. New communities are always nice as is the ability to replay the game before it hits end-game tech. The server also deserves an Uberdrasil Book Pit. Everyone does.

How do you like building your bases?:
I've recently found that I enjoy building into mountains, with parts of castles and bridges coming out of the sides. Asian-Style pagoda windmills are also cool.

How often will you be able to play on the server?:
I usually have time to play Minecraft on Weekends. If the server proves interesting and the community is active, I will be on quite often!

In-game-name?:
EpicAaron29
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Whitelisted! Enjoy!
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Iam not sure why, but no one seems to be able to join the server at the moment, Im looking into it, but Im thinking the login servers or something similar are down.
EDIT: Session and login servers are down!
EDIT2?: It seems okay now.
TaterBoy

Post by TaterBoy »

Edited for Relevance:
Thanks for the link to the Minecraft Status checker, it's a relief that there is nothing wrong with my connection or system, as both things have happened more times than I'd like to count.
:)
Last edited by TaterBoy on Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Nope, its a bug i think, Session and Login servers are still down. http://xpaw.ru/mcstatus/
eternal8phoenix

Post by eternal8phoenix »

Forgot to post this earlier, but to whoever made a dirt tower base with ladder access and a grate window, and was creepered outside of it I found your stuff and dropped it in the chest.

Base in question is in a plains biome, near a mixed forest and a swamp with a looted witch hut, and a desert with an abandoned village.
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

Just a heads up that if you find a green sheep in a hole- please don't eat him.
(actually unless you're starving try to avoid eating the buried animals in general- if you really must theres a cow in the next hole over)
Phantom screams echo through the ruined facility
A horrible silence builds an eerie tranquility
The souls of many innocent fill the air
The hope they all died with scattered down there
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Im really sorry for not being on the past few days, but Im apperently infected with the flu.
Jhary

Post by Jhary »

Application

I follow BTW since 2 years now and played it mostly quite a while in the past, so I am new to the most recent changes. I am really looking forward to it

I don't like playing singleplayer. Since I started minecraft about 3 years ago, I didn't really played much SSP. That this server just started out is the thing that makes me
want to join.

At the start I like to build a small house and put some walls around a small portion of land to begin making progress. At the end I always like to build like a small town as my base.

I think between 2-3 days a week at least

In-game-name?
Jhary
gr34tn3ss88

Post by gr34tn3ss88 »

Played and enjoyed BTW a long time ago and looking to get a new start, I understand a lot has changed and I am looking forward to the challenge!

Im looking for a server not only myself but also my brother might join and and relearn BTW.

I enjoy building small cities, either in a mountainous area or some times swamp

a few times a week at least.

In-game-name?
gr34tn3ss88
noradith

Post by noradith »

Played and enjoyed BTW a very long time ago, hope to relearn the old stuff and learn the new stuff.

Im looking for an active and up to date server and oe in which to paly with my bro.

I enjoy building small cities interconnected cities, either in a mountainous area, snowy or a combination of the two preferably near a forest

a few times a week at least.

In-game-name?
Noradith