Ignis (Co-Op Survival Server) [BTW 4.99999A0C Marsupial?!]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
erikdk321

Re: Ignis (Co-Op Survival Server) [BTW V4.89PHILLIP]

Post by erikdk321 »

New rule guys!
No night skipping!
eternal8phoenix

Post by eternal8phoenix »

For the record I haven't done that...I'm on my iPod typing this because my laptop has completely died and is startup repairing. I need a better PC

And addybaha, I just kept trying, occasionally restarting mc cos I'm paranoid.
topguy

Post by topguy »

Hello!

Your experience with BTW?
I have played Better than Wolves for a long time, around MC beta. I have played on three other servers, reaching end game in 2.
Why do you want to join this specific server?
Certain friends from other server play, and I like the co-op survival idea, without the worry of others destroying your things.
How do you like building your bases? (underground, city, houses etc).
Depends on the scenery. Usually underground.
How often will you be able to play on the server?
I'll be able to play a lot, afternoon on the weekdays, and most of the weekends. But I may not be on in those periods.
In-game-name?
topguy

Thanks!
caveatEmptor

Post by caveatEmptor »

Howdy :)

Been playing it off and on since the days of MC beta, and I've made lots worlds to experience the early game lots of times as new hardcore modes came out. Only made it to the "end" of the tech tree like once since then though.

Been a while since I've played on a server, I enjoyed the last BTW server experience I had. I always like seeing what other people build.

Usually mostly underground at first, with a few modest buildings and walls/roads and such later on. I don't build things very large usually.

Probably a couple hours a day most days of the week.

In-game-name? "caveatEmptor"
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Whitelisted both, enjoy!
caveatEmptor

Post by caveatEmptor »

It's saying I'm not whitelisted though when I try to log on- not sure what's up with that. Again name is caveatEmptor just in case there was a typo or miscapitalization or something.
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Should be fixed now. I really dont know what is up with the whitelist, and why it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.
Just a little TMI, Im away for today so if you have any questions, ask our new admin Mr. Sockthing :)
BorisTheCat

Post by BorisTheCat »

Hello all!

I've avoided SMP until now for fear of getting sucked into the game more than I'd like.... But I finally decided to take the plunge and give it a go :D

Made it as far as Age of Wood Tier 3, before I made a little mistake using MCPatcher and lost every BTW block & item in my base as a result :P

Seems logical to start a new multiplayer game on a newly created server

There's got to be a lookout tower, which I usually surround with pastures/farms. Storage and machinery are usually in a single room for simplicity.

A couple hours every day, I reckon

In-game-name?
BorisDaCat
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

You're pretty new on the forums, but you seem pretty legit so enjoy :)
Fret

Post by Fret »

Hey Erik, I'm interested in joining your brand new server. However i have a few questions about how you plan to run the server. This is because I had some nasty experiences with other servers i used to play on. BTW is for me a game that requires commitment and an investment of a lot of time. I hope you understand.

How fast do you plan to update after the release of new versions?
What is you policy on add-ons?
For how long do you plan to run the server?
When the server comes to an end, will you upload the world save?
Will you visit the server and this forum topic regularly and will you notify the player if you are gone for a longer period of time?

That's all my questions from me, now let's answer your questions :D

I'm a 22 year old history student, living in Utrecht, the Netherlands. I have been playing BTW for about a year now. My experience is mostly with the early and mid game. I haven't made it to the end yet, nor have I build super crazy machines, but I have done my share of automation. I prefer to build large bases, near a river or the sea, that look like a town or city. Advancing the tech tree isn't a big priority for me, I like to advance slowly but steady, to get the most gameplay value out of all the stages. I like to cooperate, but do want a personal base of my own.
I'd like to join your server, because it is brand new. On a two year old server the gap in wealth/technology is just so big and all the community builds are already done. I also recognize some people from servers I used to play on, like topguy and aradwen. Also the servers location is a big plus for me, I should have no ping :) I also like that a lot of players are from Europe, so when I log in there will be other people.
I plan to play about three days a week, depending on my schedule. My in game name is Habsnorre
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

AddyBaha wrote:I don't how you two managed to get on but I still get rejected. If it comes down to me being the only one not accepted by the white-list ( for what ever reason ), I would suggest you play without me since it's probably not worth the effort searching the error.
One thing I'd like to mention so my IGN is AddyBaha watch the upper case B and check if ther might be a typo please
(I know you probably did this but I have the feeling the Camelcase sometimes gets overlooked)
I just copy and pasted AddyBaha and added you to the whitelist, you should try again
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

How fast do you plan to update after the release of new versions?
As fast as possible, this could mean between 2 minutes and 1 day hopefully.
What is you policy on add-ons?
Add ons as in changing the terrain and stuff is not something I'm a fan of, as I think it breaks aspects of the mod. The server will most likely never have a single addon, but if i ever learn to program, a message saying "Welcome" when someone joins would be nice :3
For how long do you plan to run the server?
The server will keep going till the day people are tired of it.
When the server comes to an end, will you upload the world save?
If it's something people are interested in, yus :)
Will you visit the server and this forum topic regularly and will you notify the player if you are gone for a longer period of time?
Yeah definitely, I visit the server and the forum as many times a day as possible, and will personally notify people both on the server, and on the forum when I'm gone for a few days, or maybe even a week.

Hope this helps you :)
I have also whitelisted you, but please tell me if you have any problems with logging on, as some people have that problem!
Fret

Post by Fret »

Thanks for your fast reply. I'm satisfied with your answers and just started playing. No problems logging in.
eternal8phoenix

Post by eternal8phoenix »

I'd like to post a quick apology to people...I know I keep dropping out of the server without saying bye or anything , and I'm not night skipping...my laptop has gone completely nutso and keeps randomly switching off. It's fairly old, and so I've ordered a new one from amazon that should get here in about a week...until then I may be continually dropping out at random moments. It's really frustrating for me but hopefully it should be resolved soon.
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

It's fine, I understand :)
GalaxyTreader

Post by GalaxyTreader »

Sock, Bio, Serra and I have worked and gotten to the nether tech! The portal spawned in a nice little cave, but no signs of fortresses (boo). Serra and I set up markers from spawn to our base, they are 2 high cobble. If you find them after HC spawn, follow them south and or east to get to spawn.
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Nice job guys :) After just one I already feel behind xD
A1Mike_W

Post by A1Mike_W »

Hey there! :)

I have played Better than Wolves for quite a long time, ever since Version 3.59 came out. I played on and off since then, getting to the top of the tech tree then gradually getting bored of collecting materials for bigger and bigger builds. I'm sick of starting over again, so I want a place to settle for good.

I really want to get back into BTW, and this server seems like the right place for me. I'm looking forward to being able to start off in an environment where others cannot destroy my builds and where I can play in peace without worrying about people killing me :P

It all depends on the location, but I usually go for semi-underground bases with a few buildings on top.

I'll be able to play now and then, probably around 2-4 hours per day, slightly longer on weekends. Usually I'd play a lot more often but I have exams coming up so I can't focus on Minecraft that much.

In-game-name?
A1Mike_W

edit: few mistakes, still need to wake up
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

You are pretty new on the forums, but you seem like a descent person. You're gonna get whitelisted, but I'm gonna keep an eye on you (and by that i mean consuming invisibility potions and wearing a pumpkin whilst stalking you :3)
Enjoy!

EDIT: I see you tried to log in the second i posted this post, I whitelisted you right after posting so try again.
A1Mike_W

Post by A1Mike_W »

erikdk321 wrote:EDIT: I see you tried to log in the second i posted this post, I whitelisted you right after posting so try again.
Oops, sorry for that. I'm not sure if the whitelisting worked, though, since I still can't log in.
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Wow, shoutout to LittleOdieTube...
Apperently you need to do /whitelist reload to update it. Everybody that couldn't get on can now. Im really sorry about this guys, as an apology Ill give you people who had problems some starter tools, when i get on later.
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

Your experience with BTW? Playing on and off since MC Beta.
Why do you want to join this specific server? A fresh start in a new world; with everyone on an almost level footing. I like the challenge of playing though with all the current HC features enabled.
Also scanning this thread I see a lot of names I recognise from PK's server- you guys/girls are a lot of fun to hang out with.
How do you like building your bases? (underground, city, houses etc). Dedicated buildings for different areas/machines- often connected together. Usually I expand vertically as well as horizontally.
How often will you be able to play on the server? Most evenings.
In-game-name CelestialPhoenix
Phantom screams echo through the ruined facility
A horrible silence builds an eerie tranquility
The souls of many innocent fill the air
The hope they all died with scattered down there
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Whitelisted! Enjoy friend, if you're having a tough time getting food, just ask as some people are fine with donating to newcomers :)
IzBatt

Post by IzBatt »

The server I used to play on has recently shut down. I would love to be able to join a new server.

Your experience with BTW? I have been playing BTW since 4.30

Why do you want to join this specific server? SMP is only fun if you can get in on the early days of a server otherwise everything is dead and extremely hard to accomplish anything.

How do you like building your bases? (underground, city, houses etc). Usually houses or city style.

How often will you be able to play on the server? I will usually play 3-4 days a week.

In-game-name? Izbatt

Thank you for the consideration.
"The people who started the war are the reason. And unless you fight to get rid of the reason, nothing will ever change. I fight to get rid of the reason."-Bart
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Whitelisted check ;)
If anyone are getting lag when too many people are on, Im really sorry. I will try and see if I can upgrade the server as soon as possible!