Craft the World

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Gilberreke

Re: Craft the World

Post by Gilberreke »

Cool base :)

I'll need to spend some more time with this game next week. Sure, it has some flaws, but it's actually my favorite Dwarf Fortress / Minecraft style game so far.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Not sure that I like the way they went about it but they solved the issue of building random junk to advance the tech tree by adding an de-craft option.
Better is the enemy of Good
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

DaveYanakov wrote:Not sure that I like the way they went about it but they solved the issue of building random junk to advance the tech tree by adding an de-craft option.
I guess that's not the worst, I'll take it.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

DaveYanakov wrote:Not sure that I like the way they went about it but they solved the issue of building random junk to advance the tech tree by adding an de-craft option.
Yeah I saw that. Not enough new in the new release though for me to consider starting a new playthrough though, given I played the last one to the end.

Will likely hold off until they add an additional world or something before giving it another go.
whitechaos35

Post by whitechaos35 »

I have a railway that extends from under my base to the ocean just because I thought it would be cool, but I find it nearly useless because the portal spell is so cheap, yet so much more efficient. Have any of you actually found railways useful?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

whitechaos35 wrote:I have a railway that extends from under my base to the ocean just because I thought it would be cool, but I find it nearly useless because the portal spell is so cheap, yet so much more efficient. Have any of you actually found railways useful?
I feel the same way. I think the portal spell may have been a design error overall. It's just way too convenient and makes transportation options like the minecarts and elevator largely irrelevant.

Kinda the equivalent of speed potions or beds in MC IMO.

You can see the designer is already trying to nerf the hell out of it, but is being held back by the bitching of the community and is going back on it partially.
Simurgh

Post by Simurgh »

New update on this one - adds another world and re works the tech tree
+ Added new desert world with its own flora and fauna, weather conditions and new mummies monsters!
+ Added new technology tree. You can open technologies one by one with the crafting of various items.
Not tried it yet but should be worth a look again for anyone interested.
OpposingForces

Post by OpposingForces »

I have to agree about both the crafting and tech tree, plus i've noticed some missing equipment like upgraded boots. after you make iron boots there's no new ones to make. According to steam i've logged 10 hours, before that with a version i downloaded (won't say from where ;) ) i've probably invested 20 hours. it's a fun game and i hope to see new content. one gripe though is that even though i've progressed to world 2 it hasn't unlocked for a new game. seems to me once you've repaired the portal and moved to the second world you should have the option to start any new games on world two.

here's my dwarf house, complete with level 2 tesla coils for defense! :D
Spoiler
Show
Why do all the Zombies look like Steve?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

OpposingForces wrote:before that with a version i downloaded (won't say from where ;) )
User banned for piracy.
Daisjun

Post by Daisjun »

It's good to see the latest update addressing a lot of issues I had with the game, namely the ridiculous crafting tree and having to place every item in order to progress up the tree, no more cluttering your base with useless junk.

Portals still massively unbalance the game however, I didn't use them until the second world and kinda still wish I hadn't discovered them.

The game has great potential though, would love to see a multiplayer element, seems like they're considering it. Co-op and PvP would be amazing.

AI still needs a lot of tweaking, or at least a nuke button like in Lemmings after you've just watched the same dwarf fell off a one step ledge THREE FUCKING TIMES IN A ROW.