Fully auto obsidian farm.

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Dutchy

Fully auto obsidian farm.

Post by Dutchy »

I've been browsing this forum for a while now, I'm not if any of you guys have seen or built a fully auto obsidian farm, but I think I have a pretty good solution, for you haven't already check out this youtube video; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc6spHvGPtQ. It's a pretty awesome video and the end two creations are what largely inspired me to make this farm, and largely what I based it on. There are some screenshots below at this location:

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa4 ... 110455.png

The first screenshot is of the 4pp Reader sending off 4 inputs, each to a set of pistons that power the card reader, (along the green wool)

The second screenshot is of the output of the machine, there are repeaters behind the two glass blocks and the dark wool one, when the wool is in position you can see the output is 1, however when the glass is there the output is 0. The different colours of wool simply show the three different inputs to the standard obsidian generator.

The third screenshot is showing the powered repeaters sending the signal, you can see they are always powered, however the signal is only transmitted when the wool is in place.

The last screenshot is simply your standard obsidian generator, The piston is there to assure the machine doesn't break, and of the BD places the redstone that is needed in the machine, the other collects the obsidian.
If I had a signature, it would look like this.
duartemad

Re: Fully auto obsidian farm.

Post by duartemad »

So... were is the youtube video link?
FlowerChild wrote:
Ph1il93 wrote:and it seems 1.4.6 is comming.
Excuse me for a moment while I say:

Fuck.
Dutchy

Post by Dutchy »

Sorry my bad, didn't read over the post before I posted it, should be in there now.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Gah, I have a sudden urge to miniaturise it.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Dutchy

Post by Dutchy »

Aha yeah I understand, it's a terribly inefficient model, but it's a start? :)
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Dutchy wrote:Aha yeah I understand, it's a terribly inefficient model, but it's a start? :)
Aye, a good one at that.

I've never used the redstone->obsidian bug before tbh. I find redstone to be more valuable >.<
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.