Edolas 2.0 [4.99999A0F Marsupial?!]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Edolas 2.0

Post by FlowerChild »

Yup, you can't get multiple spawn locations within 1 Minecraft day to reduce the effectiveness of trying exploit it.

If you die before then, you get a slightly different spawn location in the same general area, to reduce the effectiveness of exploits involving intentionally dying and recovering your stuff to restore health and hunger, and to reduce the liklihood of being repeatedly gang banged by the same group of mobs.
matty79321
Location: public Location getLocation() { return new Location("Neeeerrrrrrddd"); }

Post by matty79321 »

Ah, makes sense. thx guys. (one of the things I forgot when playing with a SFS beacon in my current (built up/end game) world. speaking of which, I might make a new world to remember all of the hc features that have been added over the years(?).)
Unfortunately, without a total rewrite, vanilla MC will still be a resource whore.
M!C

Post by M!C »

Nice to see this server is seeing a continuation.

Out of curiousity: Did anyone ever stumble over Dark's/my corner of the map?
Wgurgh

Post by Wgurgh »

Well, I didn't exactly "stumble" over it, as I went by to check things out. Oh, and to use the mobtrap a little bit. Everything seems in working order where I saw, but didn't really look too deeply. Still a whole lot of hole missing though. Or I guess NOT missing...

Still can't believe how much of that place I removed with stone picks...
PatriotBob

Post by PatriotBob »

It lives again!
I might have to join back up on this... :)
Oh...
I was trying to get blaze rods... right.... I hate that part...
M!C

Post by M!C »

Wgurgh wrote:Still can't believe how much of that place I removed with stone picks...
Well, we did have MCMMO for a while there ...

But yeah, those were fun times. I wish there was a way to get back to it.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

M!C wrote:But yeah, those were fun times. I wish there was a way to get back to it.
What's stopping you?
M!C

Post by M!C »

FlowerChild wrote:What's stopping you?
Just the usual things I suppose.

First of all I'm pretty heavily involved in a certain gaming clan at the moment, moderating and administrating some of our servers, and since the clan has mostly moved on to other games by now, so have I. (the universal "I don't have the time"-excuse)

Secondly I've been very deep into the clans Minecraft side of things for over a year again being administrator, moderator, tech support and co-author of our modpack for the time it was actively updated. When the opportunity offered itself I gladly stepped down from most of that (for Minecraft at least) and now I can't really get myself to play the game anymore having logged a couple thousand hours on it. (the universal "I'm burned out on Minecraft"-excuse)

But most importantly: The last couple times I played BTW I found it to be one of the more challenging mods I've played (in other words, it's the farthest away from creative mode you can get), which obviously is a good thing for your survival game experience (I mean, that's the dev goal after all) but it doesn't exactly lend itself to huge projects like the one I had going (with the help of many like Wgurgh) on Edolas here. Especially so once you have done other projects for a world with tools more powerful than creative mode itself. 0.8 million blocks worth of project with worldpainter, MCedit and worldedit? easy. Do the same with BTW on hardcore settings? ... go ahead, I'll come back in a year.
Wgurgh

Post by Wgurgh »

I hear you man, it isn't just getting back to the game but where YOU are now as well. We did have a lot of fun working on projects together though. I think for me, part of it is that it means more somehow when you do something in survival. I will grant you that it would take a very long time to finish your project with HC everything like you said. I also get how it would be hard to work so hard for something you can do with tools in minutes.

I know some of the projects I set out to do are quite ambitious (though not on the scale of the digsite) but progress towards them seems like a lot of progress somehow. Anyhow, in the end comes down to I play games for fun. I find Edolas fun still. If somebody doesn't, would not make a lot of sense to go back to it.

It also really doesn't help that I really only get a few months of the year I have much time for MC, and this year that was cut even shorter. Edolas is by far my most advanced world, and the one I have the most time in. Just didn't have hardly any time for gaming for most of the year, so I guess I get my breaks enforced. Makes it better when I come back.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yeah, I can definitely hear all that. Given BTW is in MC, people tend to relate it to what they know from MC, and things on a similar scale are certainly way harder to accomplish.

Yet another amongst the many things motivating me towards creating my own game :)
M!C

Post by M!C »

FlowerChild wrote:Yet another amongst the many things motivating me towards creating my own game :)
You bet I'll be there to check it out.

Your KSP mod has shown me that I can count on you chucking out enjoyable gameplay reliably unlike most Indie companies.

To avoid sliding off-topic: Wgurgh, I sent you a PM, please read.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

M!C wrote: Your KSP mod has shown me that I can count on you chucking out enjoyable gameplay reliably unlike most Indie companies.
Word man. I think it served as a similar much needed reminder to myself that I wasn't a one-trick pony :)
Wgurgh

Post by Wgurgh »

Server is down ATM, prof said he would get it up ASAP. Not sure how much soon that is though, he also said it isn't his fault. I think he is gonna try to blame me :P
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Wgurgh wrote:Server is down ATM, prof said he would get it up ASAP. Not sure how much soon that is though, he also said it isn't his fault. I think he is gonna try to blame me :P
:D extended stays around the mobtraps?
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

So server is working just connect Via the numerical IP which I will be adding to the OP.
Kaitocain wrote: Snow is not fire, so it can still rain.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

:D hi ion ^.^

About you:
Pirates or Ninjas?
PIRATES!
Bannanas or Apples? hmmmm bananas ;)
Shinies or Pretties? Shinies :D

Your environment:
Is your fridge running? yes I need to go get it now ):
Does your vacuum suck?yeppers
How many fans do you have? 4 though one is broken Q.Q
Where is your biggest fan? to my left though its one three box fans :D

Skill Questions:
How many types of people understand binary? not me :D
What kind of bra does Ariel wear? sea shell bra!
Why do they sterilize needles for lethal injections? yes
What do you dilute your water with? air
If nothing ever sticks to TEFLON, how do they make TEFLON stick to the pan? magic!
A chicken attacks you. What do you do first?
a.Throw broth at him like it was holy water?
b.Take an egg hostage?
c.Whip out a KFC container and look menacing.

MC related Questions:
What comes first, pretty or functionality? hmmmm functionality
Mobtrap or Mining? mining, i've yet to make a successful mobtrap bigger than like 5x5 blocks wide and 2 tall xD
Baked potatoes or Steak? BAKED POTATOES omg you just reminded me i have a potato by the microwave downstairs andi m so hungry :O *makes a baked potato*
What kind of biome is prefered building land? hmmm i like plains and mountains, mountains= ready made walls while plains= flat surface easy to build on not much terraforming needed
Have you ever gotten a chicken to cross the road? yes by hittting it, repeatidly.
Rawr :D
Jakusio

Post by Jakusio »

About you:
Pirates or Ninjas?
Ninjas.
Bannanas or Apples?
Apples.
Shinies or Pretties?
Shinies.

Your environment:
Is your fridge running?
No, it doesn't get out much.
Does your vacuum suck?
Yes.
How many fans do you have?
Zero.
Where is your biggest fan?
Nowhere.

Skill Questions:
How many types of people understand binary?
0?
What kind of bra does Ariel wear?
A C-shell algae-bra.
Why do they sterilize needles for lethal injections?
So no babies are made?
What do you dilute your water with?
The air.
If nothing ever sticks to TEFLON, how do they make TEFLON stick to the pan?
Magic.
b.Take an egg hostage?
C. Definitely C.

MC related Questions:
What comes first, pretty or functionality?
Functionality.
Mobtrap or Mining?
Mining.
Baked potatoes or Steak?
Baked potatoes.
What kind of biome is prefered building land?
Plains biome.
Have you ever gotten a chicken to cross the road?
No, but I got four to cross a river.
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

myrkana wrote: -Snip-
Application accepted... again. As the OP states I carried the whitelist over so you were still a member. We have the same map as well. :)
Jakusio wrote:
Yeah based on what I see in your post history you have made one bad suggestion, several server requests, and no real useful input to the community gonna have to say no.
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

but i wanted to answer it again :-p ive all ready been for a bit yesterday ^^ ill be on after about 3 or so today :) sold my alienware laptop and now jut waiting to get the money together for my desktop, so I'm using macaber's computer when he's not here :)
Rawr :D
DrakenMinisco

Post by DrakenMinisco »

I never played on an online server with BTW so would like to give it a try. Just depends on my net connect I lag on most servers :(. So to answer you questions. I'm 28 and mostly play lan games with my nephews.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
About you:
Pirates or Ninjas? Pirates trained in the arts of ninjas
Bannanas or Apples? Not much of a fruit eater
Shinies or Pretties? Shinies

Your environment:
Is your fridge running? kind of...
Does your vacuum suck? My vacuum is a broom and dust pan and they do suck to use so yes they suck.
How many fans do you have? about 6
Where is your biggest fan? in the living room connected to roof
Skill Questions:
How many types of people understand binary? only the cool ones or the lazy ones that use converters.
What kind of bra does Ariel wear? none when I'm done.
Why do they sterilize needles for lethal injections? It helps it slide in.
What do you dilute your water with? vodka
If nothing ever sticks to TEFLON, how do they make TEFLON stick to the pan? dark evil powers
b.Take an egg hostage?

MC related Questions:
What comes first, pretty or functionality? neither they are equal. imo
Mobtrap or Mining? mobtrap
Baked potatoes or Steak? Potatoes
What kind of biome is prefered building land? Forest
Have you ever gotten a chicken to cross the road? Only after carrying his dead body.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In game name is Rangendio
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

Added Rangendio, I don't have much of a post history for you so I am going out on a limb here and trusting you. The reason for this is that your answers to our application told me a bit about you, and I think you will fit in well. Don't let me down man, I am trusting you :) Enjoy your stay at Edolas :D

(edit)
After further consideration, and FC pointing out a post I had overlooked, I am going to decline your application. Sorry but he has a point. Lack of common sense, and posting something that is common knowledge in the game as a BTW tech issue... not feeling okay with that. Just the way that tech post was addressed as well as the reply makes me uneasy.
Last edited by Prof_Ion on Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Prof_Ion wrote:Added Rangendio, I don't have much of a post history for you so I am going out on a limb here and trusting you. The reason for this is that your answers to our application told me a bit about you, and I think you will fit in well. Don't let me down man, I am trusting you :) Enjoy your stay at Edolas :D
I have the sinking feeling this won't end well :)

EDIT: Yeah, seriously man, take a look at this: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8398
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

FlowerChild wrote:
Prof_Ion wrote:Added Rangendio, I don't have much of a post history for you so I am going out on a limb here and trusting you. The reason for this is that your answers to our application told me a bit about you, and I think you will fit in well. Don't let me down man, I am trusting you :) Enjoy your stay at Edolas :D
I have the sinking feeling this won't end well :)

EDIT: Yeah, seriously man, take a look at this: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8398
Thanks for pointing that out man, I had somehow overlooked it. I edited my earlier post with concerns to the new info. Thanks for the help FC :)
DrakenMinisco

Post by DrakenMinisco »

Oh well thanks for the consideration. Maybe I can find another to play on. Just so tired of playing solo when the kids are sleeping.
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

Server is down for a bit. In the process of switching to a new log in service for the server control panel. (the place that gives me all the power) He managed to screw up, and not reassign the world to the server properly. I will make sure this gets fixed ASAP, and if it is not fixed I will temporally close down the server until I can find a new host that will do things right.