Player Heads as decoration!

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
BinoAl

Player Heads as decoration!

Post by BinoAl »

'Nuff said.

We've been using these extensively on a server I admin, and I thought some of you might be interested. Everything on this list seems stable, but it's only 2 months old, so I can't be certain they wont change. There is also an entire subreddit dedicated to these here!
FaceFoiled

Re: Player Heads as decoration!

Post by FaceFoiled »

So simple, yet so effective. =)
Wookieguy

Post by Wookieguy »

Yeah, they've become a fad on my friend's server as well. Better yet, Mojang has created accounts that will never change for some of those blocks!
http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Mob_head#Player_Heads
*Pats Mojang on the head*
Those adventure map makers sure love you don't they...
Estimated airspeed velocity of an unladen European swallow: 24 mph
0player

Post by 0player »

I was expecting something a bit more morbid, I must admit :).
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I look at this and have to ask myself though how much overhead all that dynamic downloading of textures might cause if players really start pushing this to extremes (which of course they will if given the option).

I'm not sure if it was such a smart move on Mojang's part to encourage this kind of thing. It might result in their servers becoming rather overburdened, and player servers making heavy use of it becoming rather lagtastic.

In combination with all those heads being tile entities, and....yeah.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

FlowerChild wrote:I look at this and have to ask myself though how much overhead all that dynamic downloading of textures might cause if players really start pushing this to extremes (which of course they will if given the option).

I'm not sure if it was such a smart move on Mojang's part to encourage this kind of thing. It might result in their servers becoming rather overburdened, and player servers making heavy use of it becoming rather lagtastic.

In combination with all those heads being tile entities, and....yeah.
Hah, yeah, it already has issues occasionally on my home server. Pretty frequently, they don't all load, so you're stuck with some random steve heads everyone else insists are radios. I haven't seen anything too crazy lag-wise, but it's not super widespread yet, just a few small accessories here and there.
icynewyear

Post by icynewyear »

FlowerChild wrote:I look at this and have to ask myself though how much overhead all that dynamic downloading of textures might cause if players...
Just put the heads lower and they won't be......overhead.
I'll let myself out.