Joshua's Anarchy Server BTW 4.9999999 [No more Whitelist]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Dale

Re: Joshua's Anarchy Server BTW 4.9999999 [No more Whitelist

Post by Dale »

Id like to discuss a few things that might help revive the playerbase here. I wanted this to live and thrive but seems BTW is too hard for players to invest any time in anarchy style servers. Posting this here instead of a PM so others might weigh in and offer their thoughts as well. Ill keep my ideas to myself/pm to Joshua for now till/if this gets a response.
DaveYanakov "Animals spawn in tall grass because pokemans"...
Western-Knight

Post by Western-Knight »

Well if there's a couple others playing I'l have to start again.
A knight without armor in a savage land.
grimper12341

Post by grimper12341 »

Try advertising on the minecraftforum. This one just doesn't get enough traffic unfortunately. Granted advertising there will get you noobs, but any players are better than none right?
Dale

Post by Dale »

Western-Knight wrote:Well if there's a couple others playing I'l have to start again.
There was 4 players yesterday, til the server promptly crashed..

edit: Annnnd the server is still down...
Joshua37w

Post by Joshua37w »

Ok guys server should be back up sorry about that...
Dale

Post by Dale »

Ok so whoever wants to use the official teams setting please let either me or Josh know and we'll get that set up for you. Other than that be ware for a verbal membership could end with betrayal ;). Anyways please let me know who'd like to team with who by posting here. :) I claim the DarkSide as my teams name. ^_-b

EDIT: I have found sustainable food D:!!!
erikdk321

Post by erikdk321 »

Guys im really sorry for not being on the past week, I got my new PC working yesterday but for some reason, when i play 1.5.2 minecraft on both the official launcher and multimc the sound doesnt work :(
Dale

Post by Dale »

erikdk321 wrote:Guys im really sorry for not being on the past week, I got my new PC working yesterday but for some reason, when i play 1.5.2 minecraft on both the official launcher and multimc the sound doesnt work :(
Try deleting your resources file or importing it from your old pcs .minecraft file.
horstdog

Post by horstdog »

Dale wrote:Id like to discuss a few things that might help revive the playerbase here. I wanted this to live and thrive but seems BTW is too hard for players to invest any time in anarchy style servers. Posting this here instead of a PM so others might weigh in and offer their thoughts as well. Ill keep my ideas to myself/pm to Joshua for now till/if this gets a response.
Hi Dale, I joined the server a couple times and was planning on returning until I saw these threads
Spoiler
Show
Joshua37w wrote:Hello Guys, I just checked my server log after a few days away and several people had been cheating on the server... Creative mode, water source blocks etc. They have been banned.

Their in game names for other server operators are:
Phaize
Digostyle
Loucura
SickleClawRaptor
Horstdog

Also if anyone finds anything that has obviously been cheated in by these guys let me know and I will take care of it. Thanks
-Joshua

EDIT: I may have been a bit too ban happy Strucon was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. I have removed his ban.
Spoiler
Show
Joshua37w wrote:No they were not OP. It was my fault, one of my friends is cheap and he does not actually own minecraft, thus when he plays I set the server to offline mode... I simply forgot to set it back to online mode when we were done playing. This enabled the cheaters to log in with my username, and since I am OP they used my account to set themselves to creative. Obviously this is now fixed and the server will never be run in offline mode again. To answer your question Dale you and me are the only OPs. Sorry about this guys it was entirely my fault. Also the reason it took me so long to reply is due to college classes consuming my life...
Being wrongly publicly accused of cheating is one reason not to return but to find out the server was being operated to allow pirated software users to connect is another.

Anyway, that’s why I won’t be returning and it might be the reason others have not as well.
Dale

Post by Dale »

horstdog wrote:
Dale wrote:Id like to discuss a few things that might help revive the playerbase here. I wanted this to live and thrive but seems BTW is too hard for players to invest any time in anarchy style servers. Posting this here instead of a PM so others might weigh in and offer their thoughts as well. Ill keep my ideas to myself/pm to Joshua for now till/if this gets a response.
Hi Dale, I joined the server a couple times and was planning on returning until I saw these threads
Spoiler
Show
Joshua37w wrote:Hello Guys, I just checked my server log after a few days away and several people had been cheating on the server... Creative mode, water source blocks etc. They have been banned.

Their in game names for other server operators are:
Phaize
Digostyle
Loucura
SickleClawRaptor
Horstdog

Also if anyone finds anything that has obviously been cheated in by these guys let me know and I will take care of it. Thanks
-Joshua

EDIT: I may have been a bit too ban happy Strucon was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. I have removed his ban.
Spoiler
Show
Joshua37w wrote:No they were not OP. It was my fault, one of my friends is cheap and he does not actually own minecraft, thus when he plays I set the server to offline mode... I simply forgot to set it back to online mode when we were done playing. This enabled the cheaters to log in with my username, and since I am OP they used my account to set themselves to creative. Obviously this is now fixed and the server will never be run in offline mode again. To answer your question Dale you and me are the only OPs. Sorry about this guys it was entirely my fault. Also the reason it took me so long to reply is due to college classes consuming my life...
Being wrongly publicly accused of cheating is one reason not to return but to find out the server was being operated to allow pirated software users to connect is another.

Anyway, that’s why I won’t be returning and it might be the reason others have not as well.
I totally missed that and am sorry to hear you wont be returning..
Dale

Post by Dale »

I am sorry but ill be resigning from OP here, and quitting the server as well. No hard feelings its just that...
Spoiler
Show
the map is littered with cheated areas. I literally found chests upon chests of iron, gold, and diamond ore blocks. Alongside pens of every animal type, light blocks with hemp gardens, ect. So rather then ask for people to let admin know if they find such things, wich the admin already knows exists. My opinion is that the server map should have never been put in offline mode to begin with, and once the cheating nature was found out it required nothing less than a server restart with fresh untainted seed. Sorry if thats harsh but with the amount of cheat, this map/world deserves nothing less than deletion in my opinion.
Abysmal

Post by Abysmal »

Seems your server is offline, I am to assume that it is dead?