Friendly Coop BTW Server !

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Floyper

Re: Friendly Coop BTW Server !

Post by Floyper »

Hey Guys.
Im here to apologise about my recent inactivity on the server.
Its due to a couple reasons. The lag was grinding my gears and
i was eager to try out some new redstone features in 1.7 as well
as try my hand at some automation. Ive also been playing some
newer games. Anyway i should be back on the server at some point.
Although when i cannot say.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Floyper wrote:Hey Guys.
Im here to apologise about my recent inactivity on the server.
Its due to a couple reasons. The lag was grinding my gears and
i was eager to try out some new redstone features in 1.7 as well
as try my hand at some automation. Ive also been playing some
newer games. Anyway i should be back on the server at some point.
Although when i cannot say.
'

No Hurry. We're kinda in a slow period. I'm kinda inactive myself due to starting a new game, along with schoolwork. Hope to see you back online whenever.
morsmaestro

Post by morsmaestro »

Cool place. A few areas lag the hell out of me, but I like the setup. I'll try to get into it.
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

Well theres a [somewhat sketchy] route between Hammersley and the South.
If I can get a lucky break with the ghasts, I should be able to push north into the next cliff- then from there dig something temporary for a safe run. --Edit-- We now have something temporary for a safe run.
(I'm not directly connecting up- Hammersley nexus has its own design and I dont want to inadvertently mess it up.)

By the way- there was a few ghasts in the Sentarshedeen & Roamsedge nexi.

So where to next?
Right now my gut instinct is west- dropout into the vanilla chunk.
Last edited by EtherealWrath on Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phantom screams echo through the ruined facility
A horrible silence builds an eerie tranquility
The souls of many innocent fill the air
The hope they all died with scattered down there
Ramzax

Post by Ramzax »

In Game Name: Ramzax
Experience with BTW: Working knowledge of lower tiers, yet to reach much past windmills.
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

Got a nether route out to the vanilla chunk. Three portals- all ocean biomes (first portal is megachunk).

If anyone wants a diamond shovel and iron boots, take the second portal, follow the steps up past a dungeon, about face and through the tunnel- good luck getting it back from the squid.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

So I made a wither cage today, and killed three withers with no trouble what so ever, I think I took maybe 1/2 a heart in damage. So if any one wants stars/knockback scrolls just let me know. Also on a related note, I horribly overestimated the amount of SFS I would need for an effective cage I have 11 blocks of the stuff, so if any one wants a block of sfs let me know I can hook you up :)
"we haven't had a fight since the last one" -Atold 2016
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

ryoloth wrote:So I made a wither cage today, and killed three withers with no trouble what so ever, I think I took maybe 1/2 a heart in damage. So if any one wants stars/knockback scrolls just let me know. Also on a related note, I horribly overestimated the amount of SFS I would need for an effective cage I have 11 blocks of the stuff, so if any one wants a block of sfs let me know I can hook you up :)
I might want those blocks. I'm trying to get a SFS beacon up to max tier. currently only up to tier 2 atm.
GalaxyTreader

Post by GalaxyTreader »

So the rail from the nether nexus to the Constaquara nether base is done. The whole ride takes about a minute, so getting to spawn is super fast. Hopefully this means you can stop by for a tour soon Phoenix :)
GalaxyTreader

Post by GalaxyTreader »

Well now the rail is done, our netherbase is remodeled, the Trichter is being improved upon and we have a looting beacon. If anyone needs gold, blaze rods or wither heads you're welcome to visit or sit around our base!
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

GalaxyTreader wrote:.... looting beacon.....
this is epic^ does looting just increase drop chance for items or the amount of items if it drops?
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

hmm will have to drop by and collect some gold for the Hammersley-West/South/Vanilla lines. (when they get dug)
ryoloth wrote:
GalaxyTreader wrote:.... looting beacon.....
this is epic^ does looting just increase drop chance for items or the amount of items if it drops?
As far as I know- Both (more common drops and better chance of rare drops- won't boost metal tool/item drops.)

and his collection grows.
(Theres a temple with extra loot out there guys)
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

So, after some theorising and testing, I have figured out how to make a fish farm. We're talking fully automated, using a supply of dynamite and automated collection. unfortunately, constructing it is also really difficult, with hatsies and air supply being big worries.

-What I'd like help with:
I'd like to procure a water breathing scroll for making the build slightly easier. Also appreciated are any SFS blocks you have lying around(as if) for my tier 2 beacon(which may not be enough, I don't know how far beacons go) or assistance in lighting the local waters near Tobukasai's eastern dock and melon farm.
(Treader, see if you can light THAT up.)

-Why am I making a fish farm?
Villagers trade for cooked fish. acquiring a large supply of fish is troublesome and honestly somewhat dangerous, with hatsies lurking the depths when you decide to leave the safety of dryness to retrieve the fish. Redneck Fishing is good and all, but time consuming to collect. Which is why I want to automate it. And get lots of emeralds. Without having to distract myself from working on other projects.

-How does it work?
After some analysis in singleplayer, I have discovered that the top layer of a body of water can be routed. the principle is the same as using HC Buoy for item sorting. floating objects will move to the top of the water body(which is flowing) and move into a collection area in the adjacent section of land.

-Why does Wirer need help?
The depth required for Redneck fishing is not shallow. I'll leave the exact details to your discovery, but it's dark down there. Hatsies lurk there. Also, fish blown out of water are still subject to downflow, which means that construction of the fishtank will require the tank to be filled layer by layer, to ensure that each water block is a source block(and not a flow block going down). this means a lot of time spent underwater. Which is why aforementioned waterbreath, SFS blocks and lighting of the bay would help greatly.

-Why you, Citizens of Megachunk, should help?
Like I mentioned earlier, Fish=Emeralds. Who doesn't love emeralds? A fish farm would greatly reduce the amount of effort required to obtain said fish, said emeralds. The Fish Farm will be free to all to use(Dynamite required to operate the machine). I also am not asking for charity. You can bargain/barter/discuss/give out of the goodness of your heart on the Materials. Okay, charity will be appreciated.

-I don't see you around, how do I contact you?
PM me if you have questions, offers or other queries. I'm an active lurker on these forums. If you can't find me for transactions, we'll discuss how to make the trade. Obsidian Beacons are a thing, which makes them very useful for shipping. If you don't have one, you can find an obsidian beacon in these places:
Tobukasai(Main Office)
Hammersly
Raven's Landing

This message has been brought to you by Tobukasai Shipwrightery. We/I make ships so you can focus on other things. And because it amuses me.

Obsidian Beacon Frequency: 0005-SHIP
Address: Tobukasai Island, Eastern Sea, Megachunk PK420
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

Once I find a way of the Siberian Wastes- I'll take a crack at setting my grinder to crunch some Kraken.

Did you test light levels for redneck fishing? A bit of glowy stuff might make life easier.
GalaxyTreader

Post by GalaxyTreader »

That seems like a lot of work for emeralds when villagers accept things like books, wheat and beef.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

I haven't seen any beef trading villagers yet, but fish is relatively easy and cheap to automate, requiring only a clock and dispenser, plus the dynamite supply. Wheat and Cane farms are pretty expensive to set up, needing materials such as detector blocks and pistons, which are slightly out of my current price range.

I'm also doing it because it's an amusing piece of automata. I might post screenshots later on, when I finish it.

Also, Villagers trade for all sorts of things. Fish is just one way of getting emeralds. I'll trade beef if I can find a villager that takes it. I'm not going to be that picky about how I get my emeralds.

BTW, thanks for the help, Treader. I might want more glass later on to finish the interior of the tank.
morsmaestro

Post by morsmaestro »

I think it's an interesting project.

Constaquara does have an explosives manufacturing facility now, but none of it is automated.

I can't remember the last time I've seen rain on the server. Is there a chance it might be off somehow?
GalaxyTreader

Post by GalaxyTreader »

Huh, I hadn't really noticed but yeah I haven't seen any rain in a while. Even if the rainstopper is working again, it has to start then stop right? Also Wirerx I'll show you my vanillachunk village sometime, it has beef/wheat/hemp trades.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

I was getting rain while I was on today. so its not off :P
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

Theres a almost safe path out to the vanillachunk, fully slabbed up and about half is HC movement friendly.
Its nearly all jungle, desert or swamp around ocean- so have fun!
GalaxyTreader

Post by GalaxyTreader »

With groth comes some drawbacks, one of which is highspeed growth. I've begun making walls to stop spread of the growth beyond our area. If you notice it slipping through to your area, let me know and I'll make a wall there.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

but, but, ze groth, it eez healthy for ze mind!

because magical flesh eating fungus totally does not cause hallucinations. nope. no sirree.
GalaxyTreader

Post by GalaxyTreader »

Ok first off, big sorry. Apparently our area in the nether isn't as isolated as I had thought, and the groth had many ways to reach around to the spawn area. I walled off a good chunk, but I'm willing to bet it will find a way. The closest base I can see is Tobu, so keep your eyes open Wire.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

GalaxyTreader wrote:Ok first off, big sorry. Apparently our area in the nether isn't as isolated as I had thought, and the groth had many ways to reach around to the spawn area. I walled off a good chunk, but I'm willing to bet it will find a way. The closest base I can see is Tobu, so keep your eyes open Wire.
No biggie. Tobukasai Netherside is paved. I doubt I'll have any serious issue with the groth, even if I have to clear it out myself. I'm a bit more worried about that bloodwood on your end.
GalaxyTreader

Post by GalaxyTreader »

Ok now that wasn't me, that was Ryo. Talk to him about that :P But I'll clean that up too eventually